Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Checked in!!

OK, now we can relax. We are officially checked in to St Vincent and we were granted a 3 month cruising permit. We departed St Lucia at 0600 and made our way quickly to St Vincent - it's always in the back of your mind that they could close the borders enroute. On the way I phoned customs at Chateaubelair where we were headed and they informed me that the customs/immigration office has been closed there due to the Corona Virus, and that we were to head to Wallilabou Bay instead. Glad I checked! We got to Wallilabou and the boat boys informed us that Immigration would arrive at 1300. So we had some lunch and waited. When we saw them arrive we went ashore to check in. The guy was lovely. At first he thought he could only give us 1 month cruising permit, but then thought about it and figured he could give us 3 months. So we were stamped in with Immigration. Now we just had to wait for customs to arrive at 1600. Went back to boat and came back in at 1600. The customs lady was waiting, and was also happy with the 3 month permit. Both officers were so friendly, lovely and helpful, probably some of the best we have come across.
So now it's a huge weight off our shoulders - we can stay here in St Vincent, there are lots of little anchorages we can visit. The boat is well stocked and we can see how things develop over the next couple of months. Needless to say, we won't be moving far.

Comments