Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Back at Wrightsville

Didn't need to depart so early today but we were both awake so we got up and left at 0630. Beautiful morning, not so cool today. Then at about 1000, an engine alarm started. We quickly dropped anchor (fortunately in a wider section of the ICW) and i let the boat behind us know what we were doing on the radio. After some quick checks, Phil decided it was due to the fam belt being slightly loose. We tightened that and then were on our way again. No more alarms, so that must have been it. Lots of dolphins again and fast jets to keep us entertained. Had quite a bit of current against us in the middle of the day, but it was with us in the morning and then for about the last hour. The slower pace meant we missed an hourly bridge opening by about 10mins, so had to sit tight and wait. Then we heard over the radio that it was going to open early due to a commericial barge, so we actually got through 10 mins earlier than expected. Anchored down and then got the boat ship shape for an ocean passage. Tomorrow we will head out to sea for an overnight jump down to Georgetown SC.
Good anchorage, not much wind expected tonight and not as many boats here as last time, so plenty of room.

Comments