Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Between the Majors

Just a short 3nm move today around the back of Big Major's to an anchorage called 'Between the Majors". This is due to a wind shift expected from the W later this afternoon and for the next couple of days so we will be more protected here. We are in the middle of 2 cays as the anchorage suggests - there is some tidal flow and we tend to sit more to tidal current than to the wind. It's not too strong though and the anchor is holding nicely. We were the 3rd boat at anchor here today, 2 other small motor boats were anchored already. Then as the day progressed more and more boats arrived.
4th
There are now about 12 other boats anchored here, but there is also plenty of room. We found very good holding, but a couple of motor boats that arrived late yesterday afternoon gave up after many attempts and moved somewhere around the corner.
We did not attempt the wet ride into Staniel Cay, we didn't need anything and really didn't want to get soaked with the chop the the wind brings up.
It was a very comfortable anchorage and we would gladly anchor here again. We heard from other boats that it got quite choppy around the other side!

Comments