Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Black Point

8nm today, we exited through the cut at about half tide so that we would have current and wind with us, on the outgoing, but then as it turned back in, we would have it with us again entering the cut further down the island chain. So itwas quite a smooth exit this morning and then once again a plesant entrance through Dotham Cut into Black point. There is a slightly deeper spot in the bay, so we anchored there in 3.8m at high tide.
There are 2 dinghy docks - the goverment dock, or further down at the Laundromat oh and Lorriane's cafe has one next to the Laundromat. We went to the further one at the Laundry. The docks are fixed and so you climb up a ladder to the dock and then tie your dinghy off. This is fine until someone ties off to the ladder preventing others from accessing it! We explored the town, stretched our legs on a quick walk and then went back to boat.
A couple hours later we took our rubbish to the gvt dock - there is a trailer there to put the rubbish in and then you leave a donation in a lock box on the front of the trailer. Then we went to Scorpios - a cruisers bar that has happy hour from 4 - 6pm. In there we met the people from Kismet and Brioche and so joined them for a drink. We also ordered chicken wings and fries! There is a tradition here that you write your name and boat name on a $1 bill and then stick it up on the wall above the bar. Dan put ours up as he was the tallest in the group. Then we all walked across to Lorriane's bar. Personally we preferred the prices at Scorpios so didn't order any food at Lorriane's - but everyone is all very lovely and the town has a great vibe to it.
We briefly met Manon and Francis - French Canadians on a 32ft sailboat. They are also going to move around to the next bay tomorrow so we will catch up properly with them then.

Comments