Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Conception Island

Conception Island is a National Park area, so no fishing and no phone reception! A stunning, absolutely stunning Island, with pristine beaches and so much unspoilt beauty. No facilities just perfect.
A huge area to anchor in good sand, so plenty of room for many boats.
Had to motor sail for half of the passage today, but as soon as we got close to Long Island, the wind picked up, we hoisted the main and were able to sail at 6kts easily. SY Parati were just coming out from Calabash Bay and were ahead of us as we came by. So we basically arrived at Conception at the same time. They dropped their sails before us though and were able to get some good photos of us under full sail.
We inched in towards the shore until we were happy with depth under us and dropped the anchor in the bluest of water! It is stunning here. Everyone has said how beautiful it us, but until you see it with your own eyes, you just cant begin to imagine the beauty.
We quickly launched zodi and went ashore for an explore. The tide was going out, so it was easier to walk at the waters edge. Higher up the beach the sand was soft and made for hard going. We walked to the end of the first headland and back and were just sitting in the water when Parati came ashore with their 2 dogs. We stayed on the beach chatting to them until the midgies (no-see-ums)came out and drove us all back to our boats.


Comments