Escaping the wind
Wind is going to come in from the N later this afternoon and increase in strength so we waited until it had clocked around a bit and then moved out to Russel Island anchorage. This is not far from the channel entrace to Spanish Wells, it's just on the other side to where we have been, but very protected in N winds. There were a few boats here already, but you can anchor anywhere along the shore so we kept going past all the boats and dropped our anchor clear of anyone. Later that afternoon a couple more boats came and anchored out our way. It's a bit further from the channel entrance, but not enough to worry about the distance. Lots of sand on the bottom so very good holding!