Return to Alaska

Two longtime Alaskans delivering new boat home to Seward, Alaska

01 July 2012 | Elifin Cove to Seward Alaska
25 June 2012
14 June 2012 | Wrangell, Alaska
10 June 2012 | Ketchikan, Alaska
30 May 2012 | Ketchikan, Alaska
13 May 2012 | Nanaimo, BC
09 May 2012 | Anacortes Marina

Heading North Again

10 June 2012 | Ketchikan, Alaska
Debra/ rain
Had a great week in Misty Fiords with Kurt and Alison. We had a couple of sunny days that were just outstanding, and the not sunny days were not that bad. Thanks to the US Forest Service for the mooring bouys that are placed throughout the area. We used the bouys in Punchbowl, Walker, and Klu Coves. The boat is very comfortable for 4 people.
Arrived back in Ketchikan to drop K&A off for their plane yesterday, it was sunny. Everyone on the dock was greeting each other with "isn't this a beautiful day!" This morning it was back to the rain. Made the trip to Safeway in the rain for food and wine and hauled it all to the boat in the rain. Hoping the weather improves this week.
We found out we just missed Mark and Laurence Ward on their way south. They left Ketchikan the day before we got here.
Tomorrow will take off north for Wrangell, Petersburg and Juneau.
Vessel Name: Nomad
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau 409
Hailing Port: Seward, Alaska
Crew: Marty and Debra
About: Longtime Alaskans who have returned from living overseas for last 7 years. First saw Jeanneau 409 at boat show in Genoa, Italy. Purchased 409 from Marine Servicenter in Seattle, will be sailing boat from Anacortes, WA. to Seward, AK.

About Us

Who: Marty and Debra
Port: Seward, Alaska