03 May 2010 | Wilsons Prom
02 May 2010 | Wilsons Prom
20 May 2010
Got a 7am start in an effort to get to Bermagui early. Tangled lines with the mainsail put me back an hour.
Once sailing the going was very slow with a warm current going south. As the day continued it became apparent I would not get to Bermagui until dark and I was not keen on entering port without daylight.
Dolphins at Play
19 May 2010
Was going to head north today but decided I'd enjoy the nice weather and explore Twofold Bay Eden. I ventured to Boydtown Beach where conditions were perfect. Here's a video I put together:
Lakes to Eden
16 May 2010
More sleep was had last night despite it being cold and the boat being pushed around by a sloppy sea. We passed a couple of lighthouses over night and passed Gabo Island at 8am.
The swell began to smooth out but the going was slower as we were going into a current.
Arrived in Eden at 5pm. Tied up the boat, had fish and chips and was in bed by 7pm.
John and Puli had a lift waiting to take them back to Port Welshpool.
Monday - Tuesday
Still tired. Did some shopping in Eden and organised fuel.
15 May 2010
Last night was very cold, the boat rocked all night and very little sleep was had. Arrived at Lakes Entrance and although the bar was not closed, the Coast Guard advised of breaking waves at the entrance. It sounded too dangerous for Rhino so we made a decision to proceed on to Eden.
Leaving for Lakes Entrance
14 May 2010
Left Port Welshpool for Lakes Entrance with John and Puli about 1.30pm from Port Welshpool.
The dog is a Hungarian sheepdog which go by the breed name Puli. He has a coat like a Jamaican hairdo. He attracts alot of attention which he hates.
A pod of 3 dolphins followed Rhino through Corner Inlet...very playful. I cooked up a fancy dish, Moroccan Chicken which impressed John.
13 May 2010
Weather looks like it will improve by the end of the week. A couple of the boats have braved the conditions and moved on. My knee is improving.
One guy who has blown his transmission has had a series of blows. He has already had the transmission rebuilt once, has replaced the anchor windlass, needs work done to his headsail, the boat came loose in a strong wind the other night and bent one of his davits......currently he is waiting 2-3 weeks for a new transmission at Port Welshpool.
Gallery Error: Unknown Album [1:]:11554