Misadventures of Time & Tide

Travails, tribulations, and triumphs of a couple and their catamaran.

05 February 2019 | Fort Pierce City Marina
19 January 2019 | Faber Cove, Fort Pierce
15 January 2019 | Still at Fort Pierce
14 January 2019 | Fort Pierce.....again
11 January 2019 | North Lake Worth. Picture is the sunrise as we left Fort Pierce this morning.
10 January 2019
08 January 2019 | New Symrna Beach
07 January 2019 | Daytona
06 January 2019 | Cumberland Island
04 January 2019
03 January 2019 | North river, St Mary's, Georgia

42 degrees!

10 January 2019
Gill
Richie fashioned and impromptu tiller this morning so rather than freeze his butt off under the Bimini he could hand steer and sit in the sun. This is number two in his new series a thousand useful uses for a boat hook.


Yes 42 degrees is what we woke up to this morning! Why the hell did we not think to bring gloves? We are back to wearing 5 layers, plus a blanket, and I decided to wear the shower mitts in the absence of proper gloves. They were useless by the way.

Onwards and southward. Destination today is Fort Pierce, where the temperatures aren’t much better. Still, having spoken to our friend Monica back at the boatyard, it’s positively tropical compared to the 33 degrees they have today. Brrrrr!

Lots of miles travelled today without incident apart from running over a crab bouy in the middle of the bloody channel. Thankfully it passed between the hulls thus saving Richie a dip in the water to free it from the propeller. Think he would have declined and just dragged it's sorry arise somewhere warmer.
Found nice sheltered anchorage from the biting north wind just south of Fort Pierce Inlet.

Curry tonight for warmth and a peaceful night Sleep beckons. 50 miles left to Lake Worth or many hundred if Gill insists on going to Forth Worth. For those of you that don’t know Lake Worth is our launch point for the Bahamas in West Palm Beach and Fort Worth is in Texas!

Don’t want to tempt the weather God’s but our crossing of the Gulf Stream is imminent.


Comments
Vessel Name: Time & Tide
Vessel Make/Model: 1991 Fountaine Pajot Antigua 37
Hailing Port: Wivenhoe
Crew: Gill Shedden & Richard Flint
About: British couple, semi retired. Cruisers from October to June from our base in St Mary's Georgia with summers spent at our home in the UK.
Extra: Purchased in 2014 we have practically rebuilt our Cat from the keels upwards. She is our pride and joy and although the hours were long we never look at her and regret a minute spent making her our own.
Time & Tide's Photos - Main
Another selection of images after a total refurb. 2016 to current day.
32 Photos
Created 19 January 2019
A selection of images taken when T&T underwent her facelift and corrective surgery. 2014-2016
30 Photos
Created 19 January 2019
Pics from 2019 cruise to Bahamas
25 Photos
Created 3 January 2019