Misadventures of Time & Tide

Travails, tribulations, and triumphs of a couple and their catamaran.

05 February 2019 | Fort Pierce City Marina
19 January 2019 | Faber Cove, Fort Pierce
15 January 2019 | Still at Fort Pierce
14 January 2019 | Fort Pierce.....again
11 January 2019 | North Lake Worth. Picture is the sunrise as we left Fort Pierce this morning.
10 January 2019
08 January 2019 | New Symrna Beach
07 January 2019 | Daytona
06 January 2019 | Cumberland Island
04 January 2019
03 January 2019 | North river, St Mary's, Georgia

Fort Worth

11 January 2019 | North Lake Worth. Picture is the sunrise as we left Fort Pierce this morning.
Gill
I’m sorry, Lake Worth. Too many ‘Lake’s and ‘Fort’s' on the ICW, I get confused. The houses are getting bigger, the lawns more manicured and the boats more luxurious. Am I jealous? Just a tad.

Early start again. Was a peaceful night, although it did seem to be raining pelicans at one point? Dozens of them kept dive-bombing around the boat, guess we must have been sitting on a school of fish. They’re pretty crap at fishing, didn’t see any of them catch anything.
Not so cold today but still cold enough for me to stay wrapped in a blanket. Only 44 miles today so should be in Lake Worth by 4pm, then we get a day off before making our crossing to Grand Bahama on Sunday. Good job really, as I have woken up feeling pretty unwell. May have been the curry.

It’s at times like these that you start to look at all these sleek, fast motor boats and luxury yachts and wish you had several hundred horse-power hanging out the back. This leg of the journey you want to be over as quickly as possible. Every morning we get up and noodle out to the channel, and every morning about an hour or two later the same sleek luxury yachts just fly past us and you know that you’ll arrive at the next anchorage several hours after they have had lunch, cocktails and then dinner! They look so warm and cosy in their enclosed cockpit. They’ve probably got heating, they're wearing shorts and a T-shirt, we're in 5 layers and wrapped in blankets! Keep getting overtaken by one launch in particular, ‘Thankful', a very nice looking boat that we are quite envious of, we’ve started up a bit of banter with them so every morning we have a chat as they go past. I’m sure they’ll be waiting for us in Lake Worth.

Have to say it's unusually cold right now, we don’t normally suffer this much. Tis the luck of the draw, sometimes you just have to grin and bare it in order to get to where you really want to be. It sounds awful so far and some of you must wonder why the hell we're doing this, well hopefully in a few days time you'll see why. “Watch this space” as they say.

Well we made North Lake Worth by 4.00pm and found the first anchorage we could. Sitting happily at anchor with the condo's of West Palm Beach and a bunch of super yachts as a backdrop. We're in the cheap seats with all the other poor people.

Day off tomorrow. Yippee!
Comments
Vessel Name: Time & Tide
Vessel Make/Model: 1991 Fountaine Pajot Antigua 37
Hailing Port: Wivenhoe
Crew: Gill Shedden & Richard Flint
About: British couple, semi retired. Cruisers from October to June from our base in St Mary's Georgia with summers spent at our home in the UK.
Extra: Purchased in 2014 we have practically rebuilt our Cat from the keels upwards. She is our pride and joy and although the hours were long we never look at her and regret a minute spent making her our own.
Time & Tide's Photos - Main
Another selection of images after a total refurb. 2016 to current day.
32 Photos
Created 19 January 2019
A selection of images taken when T&T underwent her facelift and corrective surgery. 2014-2016
30 Photos
Created 19 January 2019
Pics from 2019 cruise to Bahamas
25 Photos
Created 3 January 2019