Misadventures of Time & Tide

Travails, tribulations, and triumphs of a couple and their catamaran.

05 February 2019 | Fort Pierce City Marina
19 January 2019 | Faber Cove, Fort Pierce
15 January 2019 | Still at Fort Pierce
14 January 2019 | Fort Pierce.....again
11 January 2019 | North Lake Worth. Picture is the sunrise as we left Fort Pierce this morning.
10 January 2019
08 January 2019 | New Symrna Beach
07 January 2019 | Daytona
06 January 2019 | Cumberland Island
04 January 2019
03 January 2019 | North river, St Mary's, Georgia

Poorly

14 January 2019 | Fort Pierce.....again
Gill
Another lovely sunset.....ain't much else to take a picture of yet. Taking a lot of black and white and sepia, find them more interesting.

Sadly we have missed our weather window to cross to the Bahamas. After waking up Friday with some kind of stomach upset, Saturday and Sunday only got worse then Richard joined in and the boat was in quarantine. We originally planned to leave Sunday but we were both still pretty poorly so we didn’t want to set off until we felt 100%. Today was also a good day but we haven’t been eating much and are still a little dehydrated so we're staying put until Friday which is our next good window.

Decided to move back up north to Fort Pierce where it’s a bit quieter. Lake Worth was a nice anchorage but it was party central of a night with a yacht going in and out of the channel blaring what I can only describe as something sounding like a salsa version of ‘the birdie song’? Our English readers will know what I mean, American readers will have to Google it and listen. Be warned, it’s unpleasant and will stick in your head for weeks! It then had a Beatles tribute band on board and that did it for me, we had to leave.

Back at our last anchorage, lovely and sunny and peaceful! There’s also a very nice marina opposite – Fort Pierce city marina – who, for the princely sum of $5 per person will let you tie up your dinghy, use their very plush showers and laundry facilities, and let us fill up our water containers. They also had 2 very nice restaurants so after a luxurious shower we sat and had a light lunch (cos that’s a our stomachs would allow) while the laundry was in the dryer. Simple pleasures. Can’t recommend this place enough to any other cruisers, very pleasant staff, great facilities.

So that has been our day, unexciting but restful. We’re both feeling better so tomorrow and Wednesday we hope to go out and do a few hours with it a sails up and make sure both boat and crew are up to the crossing on Friday. The boat will be fine, not so sure about the crew. Our sea legs need a little physiotherapy as they’ve gone to jelly over the last few days. We’re in no hurry, the Bahamas will still be there next week.
Comments
Vessel Name: Time & Tide
Vessel Make/Model: 1991 Fountaine Pajot Antigua 37
Hailing Port: Wivenhoe
Crew: Gill Shedden & Richard Flint
About: British couple, semi retired. Cruisers from October to June from our base in St Mary's Georgia with summers spent at our home in the UK.
Extra: Purchased in 2014 we have practically rebuilt our Cat from the keels upwards. She is our pride and joy and although the hours were long we never look at her and regret a minute spent making her our own.
Time & Tide's Photos - Main
Another selection of images after a total refurb. 2016 to current day.
32 Photos
Created 19 January 2019
A selection of images taken when T&T underwent her facelift and corrective surgery. 2014-2016
30 Photos
Created 19 January 2019
Pics from 2019 cruise to Bahamas
25 Photos
Created 3 January 2019