Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

About to leave 020707

02 July 2007 | Ceuta
Sarah
We finally found a well concealed cyber cafe on the southern side of the isthmus of Ceuta, so a series of pre-written blogs are posted. I�ve just realised that the site only shows the last three. Ther are five (!) entries today, so click on the title to the right (under the profile section) if you want to read them all. As we�ll do this in little bits, keep on eye on that section.

We have also got rid of our recycling at last. Tanger not surprisingly doesn�t seem to have recycling, but most stuff is re-used anyway. Gibraltar seems to have no such facilities at all, despite rumours of a bring site at the supermarket. That seems appalling. Here in Ceuta we have managed to recycle glass and paper, but the facilities aren�t a patch on the excellent and common sites in mainland Spain and Portugal. Still, we don�t expect either to produce much or be able to recycle it in Morocco.

So - fill fuel tanks and water, and do the gentle 12 miles or so to Smir. There may be internet facilities there, but extremely unlikely to be any in El Jedha, so we�ll catch up with our travels in a week or so.

As I�m doing this off a memory stick I�ve only a few pix available! This is me on the Orwell Rier two years ago. Look at those oilies. They had a brief airing on athe damp morning passage from Rota in March but otherwise (touch wood) have stayed in the locker so far this year.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich