Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

Home again

26 August 2007 | Sete
Hot
It was our turn to be hosts after Bernard and Mary had brought us home. They are going camping in Narbonne, but stayed on Roaring Girl last night, together with the dogs. They'd never been on board before but settled down very well. This is Izzy, wearing the (debraided) cap of the Commodore of the New Zealand Navy. He's not very appreciative, but otherwise enjoyed being aboard with so much going on to watch and the endless attention of four people.
Now they've moved on, leaving us on our own. We are relaxing for a day or so and then moving on to Port St Louis de Rhone. There we are going to stop, sorting out the boat and having yet another de-cluttering exercise. (It's amazing how much you can accumulate.) By 20 September, our precious boat will be in dry dock, cleaned and swaddled for the months we will spend in the UK and New Zealand. We are very clear: this is real life. Working is an unfortunate necessity. Come next January, when we fly round the world, life will get back on course.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich