Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

Rub those feet

30 December 2007 | Happy Foot massage parlour
Still hot
A foot massage is heaven. We advise anyone going to Hong Kong to get one. Or why wait: go to your nearest Chinese health centre today! We had saved this for our last few hours, and wished we had one every day.
On the advice of the Lonely Planet guide, we went to the Happy Foot parlour in Wellington Street. That was a good tip. (Though we would love to know who to choose a good parlour in Hong Kong; how could we tell which were the good ones near our hotel, for instance?)
This is a rare picture; a nearly empty tube. Hong Kong seemed to be gearing up for the frenzy of New Years Eve. Pip took this picture pulling out of the first stop on Kwun Tong line, on our way to our final tourist visit. You can see that the trains are all interconnected and very long indeed. So, despite the crowds, you do not feel squashed into intimacy as you so often do in London or Paris.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich