Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

The roofs of Genoa

29 August 2009 | Palazzo Rossi
One of the three museum palaces is the Palazzo Rossi. (Guess what? It's red!) On the top floor there's a flat, made of what were presumably originally the servants' rooms. In the 1950's the then curator of civic museums lived in this flat, and the architect Franco Albini (who designed the layout and displays throughout the museum's palaces) designed and furnished it for her. He created a mix of ancient, Renaissance and modern pieces which he saw as distinctively Italian. After she died her own collection was dispersed, and for a while the flat was rented out. In 2005, in completing the restoration of the building, it was decided that this flat should also be recreated, as a part of the story of the palace as a residence.
The resulting apartment is gorgeous, with a wonderful mix of modern Italian design (oh! the coffee table, the fireplace!) some exquisite paintings and ceramics, and a smattering of classical statuary.
The view is an envy as well, looking south across the alleyways, punctuated by churches and towers, and out to sea.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich