Roaring Girl

The adventures of the yacht Roaring Girl wandering the seas.

12 August 2013 | Ipswich, England
17 July 2012
16 July 2012
10 July 2012
05 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
03 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012 | Shanghai (high up!)
02 July 2012
02 July 2012 | Shanghai
01 July 2012
01 July 2012 | Moganshan Lu, Shanghai

Equinoctal sunset

21 March 2008 | Foxton
This is of course equinox, when the night becomes longer than the day in the Southern hemisphere. The beach faces directly into the setting sun, giving us another splendid series of pictures. The tide was far out, dragged to extremes by the nearly full moon, and there was a very gentle breeze.
In the morning we went down into Wellington and did a little shopping before returning to Upper Hutt to stay with Pip's mother for a few days. Come Tuesday, Sarah is off to do the Queen Charlotte Walk, and Pip will be joining her in the South Island at the end of it, for our last few days before flying back to the UK on 8 April. Sarah will have the camera but limited computer access so the blog will be quiet for at least a week!
We aim to be in the UK for a week or so before heading home to Roaring Girl in Provence to get her ready for sea and summer exploring France and Italy. We plan to spend quite a bit of time sitting still though; since March 2007, we have visited Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Gibraltar, France, Wales, England, Hong Kong and Aotearoa. Being at home but still seems quite attractive.
Comments
Vessel Name: Roaring Girl
Vessel Make/Model: Maxi 120
Hailing Port: Ipswich
Crew: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
About: Captain Sarah and Chief Engineer/Mate Pip moved on board in 2003 and finally made the break in 2006. Roaring Girl, launched in 1977, has already been round the world once, and has a lot more seamiles than the two of us put together.
Extra: These pages aim to bring you our adventures as they happen, as well as Roaring Girl's sailing prowess. And to show off Pip's silverwork as well.

Who we are

Who: Pip Harris and Sarah Tanburn
Port: Ipswich