Roars lille eventyrreise

En 2 måneders seiltur rundt det indiske hav

20 May 2010 | Karon beach, Phuket
16 May 2010 | Ao Chalong, Koh Phuket, Thailand
28 April 2010 | Male, The Maldives
26 April 2010 | Male, The Maldives
23 April 2010 | Utenfor Male, Maldivene
22 April 2010 | Dubai, Forenede arabiske emirater
15 April 2010 | Dubai, Forenede Arabiske Emirater
12 April 2010 | Dubai, Forenede Arabiske Emirater
10 April 2010 | Bærum
09 April 2010 | Bærum
08 April 2010 | Bærum
05 April 2010 | Bærum, Norge

Boatday 2,3 and 4

26 April 2010 | Male, The Maldives
34 degrees C in air, 30 degrees C in water, Raining cats and dogs, and I'm not talking about puppies!
For the simpleness, since I am currently at an internet cafe, this blogpost and all others until the trip is finished, will be in english. This some due to requests from non/norwegian friends, but also because writing norwegian on a Maldivian/English keyboard is kinda hard...

So, another couple of days has passed on this island group in the middle of the Indian Ocean they call the Maldives. No pictures this time, due to a HUGE thunderstorm which deciced to dump its "cargo" right on top of us! The wifi tower we used to connect to internet was whacked by lightning, and so we have to use alternate means of communication. Got some beautiful pictures of Male's seaside before it startet, so hopefully you all will appreciate them when they come online on FB :)

Life is otherwise going its course here. But as a reminder: should you ever decide to sleep on deck, make sure you do it prepared, preferabbly with LOADS of suntan lotion... You might say the back is a tad red after waking up at 10am last morning hehe.

Male is a very interesting city. A strange combination of 3rd world and modern thinking. On one side of the road you have a "township" standard on buildings, mostly light metal stiched together by ducktape, on the other side of the same road, you have huge apartment complexes rivaling norwegian standards! And everything is fairly cheap here. Dinner for 2 costs around 100 NOK, a coke 4 NOK.

Right now we are anchored up at the north side of Hulhumale, which is the airport Island. Moving into Male on thursday, so the agent can check us out and let us be on our way :)

More to come in the following days!

Comments
Vessel Name: Celtic Avenger