Always & Forever

09 May 2016 | Titusville, FL
20 November 2015
11 November 2015
08 November 2015
21 October 2015 | brunswick georgia
18 July 2015 | still in Tennessee
22 June 2015 | Jacksonville, FL
22 June 2015 | Jacksonville, FL
16 June 2015 | Jacksonville, FL
21 May 2015
17 May 2015 | Jacksonville, FL

Left Amelia Island headed north...

17 August 2015
Traveling up the ICW toward Fernandina, FL; it is a beautiful lil town! Colorfully painted buildings, shrimp boats, and Fort Clinch! This is a place we will return and spend a day.
We had to make a decision when we came to Cumberland Island (another day trip) whether to continue on the ICW or go out into the Atlantic. We chose the Atlantic! The wind was good and the direction was perfect. We unrolled the foresail and caught some good wind! Still a little shy of the main sail especially in the wind we had. Also, we were watching a storm system brewing to our west and decided to motor sail. We were about 17 miles from Brunswick, GA our destination when the engine quit. The engine would not start! With the storm approaching, we rolled up the foresail and called Boat US for a tow around 3:30pm. We could see the thunder and lightening to the west pounding Jekyll Island. At 5:15pm, our hero in a lil red boat came from the south! Tie up was quick and he whisked us out to sea! We had to go out to maneuver around the shoals. We got into the edge of the storm but still felt safe. Around 7:45pm, we pulled into Brunswick Landing Marina. A quaint lil southern port.
Comments
Vessel Name: Always and Forever
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter Passage 42
Hailing Port: Grand Rivers, KY
Crew: Greg Bontrager
Social:

Who: Greg Bontrager
Port: Grand Rivers, KY