Almost ready and waiting on a weather window
21 February 2012 | Kemah, Texas
Robyn flies back to Seanna today and we have just a few more things to do to be ready for our Gulf crossing. I think we will use passageweather.com for our weather service. It is looking like our weather window will open March first. The prediction for the first right now is 10 knot winds from the ENE, which will be perfect for our start. Hopefully that will blow us pretty much straight South for a hundred or so miles before we make our turn to the East. Our goal is to go South at least a hundred miles to avoid as many offshore oil wells as possible. Sometime in the 6 day crossing, we will have to pickup about a hundred or so miles of Easting, in order to make our beam reach into Isla Mujeres, Mexico. As we get closer to the first, we will know a lot more about our weather window. I have been watching and there has been an open window for several days now, but it is about to close. My fingers are crossed for another window soon. I am so excited a ready to get this first crossing crossed off of the list. Larry G is here at the marina now. He is going with us across the Gulf. He will work from his boat until we are ready to go. I have already warned him, when we holler across the marina at him, he'll have one hour to get on Seanna. Tom Frankum on SV Topaz is saying he should be ready to cross on the first also. We may leave at the same time, but his boat is a Valient 40 and is much faster than Seanna so we'll loose sight of him by nightfall. Hopefully, the next post will be us saying our goodbyes, and releasing Seanna from her dock lines.