Robyn's Nest Adventures

Formerly Sailing Seanna.

13 October 2015 | Kingfisher Bay Marina
08 October 2015 | Demopolis, Alabama
08 February 2015
18 January 2015 | Biloxi Mississippi
17 January 2015 | Biloxi, Mississippi
14 January 2015 | New Orleans
22 November 2014 | Guthrie, OK
10 November 2014 | Houma, Louisiana
10 November 2014 | Morgan City, Louisiana
08 November 2014 | Old River Canal
07 November 2014 | Natchez, Mississippi
05 November 2014 | Vicksburg, Mississippi
03 November 2014 | Vicksburg
02 November 2014 | Lake Providence Harbor
01 November 2014 | Greenville, Mississippi
30 October 2014 | MM 14.8 Arkansas River
30 October 2014 | MM 14.8 Arkansas River
29 October 2014 | Three mile above lock four on Arkansas River
28 October 2014 | Island Harbor Marina, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
25 October 2014 | Island Habor Marina, Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Twenty five days to go!

23 September 2014 | Three Forks Harbor
Lester
Twenty five days to go! Pat and I are spending the week on the Nest at Three Forks Harbor doing a bottom job, and a few other needed maintenance needs in preparation for our October 18th departure.

Robyn has given her two weeks notice, I will work another two weeks when I get home next week. Pat says he might work a little, and Cathy has all of her arrangements made at the hospital where she works.

Robyn's Nest is starting to really look good! Pat painted the boot stripe today, while I painted the bottom. When we pulled the boat out of the water, and power washed the hull, I was very happy with her condition. You see, I have never seen her out of the water. When we had her surveyed, we stayed in Oklahoma and trusted the surveyor to do a good job, and provide an accurate report (big mistake). I'll just take this opportunity now to tell you that of all of the surveyors I have encountered in my 30 years of yachting, Dennis Parsons, a Michigan Surveyor is the sorriest surveyor I have ever experienced. Fortunately Mark Lee the previous owner of the Nest is a stand up guy, and his report to me was far more accurate than the one I paid the surveyor for. Ok, now I'll get off of my soap box!

Now for the other bit of excitement this week. When the Nest was being pulled out of the water, the forward sling on the travel lift slid to the front of the boat, dropping the bow about 18". Pat and I were onboard and the dropped scared the hell out of both of us! We both had visions of not getting to do the Loop this year while we looked for another boat. Although, after some adjustments, we were lifted out of the water, and gently set on the hard.

Another bit of excitement is that Brittany, (one of Robyn's twin daughters) left today for her Coast Guard boot camp. God's speed and the best of luck Brit! I know you will be one of the best Coasties out there. So, when you are boarded by the Coast Guard, say hey to Brit for us. She comes from a yachting background, so she has the utmost respect, and admiration for us mariners.

Ok now, I'll update you on our little flotilla that has come together for at least the first leg of our trip. The first to join us was Flint and Vicky. They are our next door boat neighbors at Three Forks. Then Josh, another Three Forker committed, and then just this past week, Kevin and Melinda sent me a text and said they were going with us. On the 18th of October, four boats will be leaving Three Forks Harbor and heading down the Arkansas, and Mississippi rivers to the Gulf. I'm going to try and get my brother in law Bill to fly over and get us an aerial photograph.

Needless to say, with so many boats taking off on this adventure, the marina is a hub of activity with all of us making boat preparations. It really is exciting! Thursday morning when the Nest is launched from her dry dock, Flint is coming out of the water, and as soon as he goes back in the water, Josh is having his boat pulled. These last few weeks at the marina have included lots of showing off what the UPS man has delivered and a little beer drinkin.

I'll post pictures of the Nest when we get through getting her ready for the big dance! Until next time...
Comments
Vessel Name: Robyn's Nest
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44MC
Hailing Port: Guthrie, OK
Crew: Lester and Robyn Branch
About:
Married since 2007. It has been Lester's dream to cruise in a sailboat for over 20 years. After a cruise in 2012, and learning about the "Great Loop", we sold our sailboat and bought a trawler for a different kind of cruising. [...]
Robyn's Nest's Photos - Main
Life after Seanna, aboard Robyn's Nest
14 Photos
Created 8 March 2014
21 Photos
Created 22 March 2012