wee happy

01 July 2012 | Chaguaramas Bay, Trinidad and Tobago
28 June 2012 | Saltwhistle Bay, Mayreau Island
24 June 2012 | Canouan, The Grenadines
21 June 2012 | St. Vincent and the Grenadines
18 June 2012 | St. Lucia
18 June 2012 | Martinique
15 June 2012 | Les Saintes
12 June 2012 | Deshaies, Guadeloupe
05 June 2012 | St. Barths to Guadeloupe
02 June 2012 | St. Martin, French Antilles
23 May 2012 | St. Martin, French Antilles
28 April 2012 | Francis Bay, St. John, USVI
26 April 2012 | Caneel Bay, St.John, USVI
25 April 2012 | Vieques Island
21 April 2012 | Spanish Virgin Islands
20 April 2012 | Here and there
16 April 2012 | Ponce de Leon
23 March 2012 | Palenque, DR
20 March 2012 | Salinas, DR
16 March 2012 | Bahia de las Augilas, DR

Farewell to Justynka

15 June 2012 | Les Saintes
Monika
It was inevitable. My comic relief, my extra shot of estrogen, my gal pal Justyna has left Rodeo to rejoin the real world. We tried very hard to convince her to stay. Gabe, Gerrard and myself felt that it would be perfectly acceptable for Justyna to call up good old boss and tell him that due to unforeseen circumstances she wasn’t able to make it back to work for another...hmmm, say week or two. A few days before leaving Justyna sustained a minor head injury while climbing under Saltwhistle’s life lines. After being terrorized by a scratch and win ticket hustler, thrown overboard and now nursing a conspicuous forehead laceration she could have easily made her boss believe that she was injured, traumatized and unable to fly home, at least not for a while. We begged, we pleaded, we reasoned. But, unlike ourselves, Justyna is a scrupulous, hard working individual, who actually likes her job. She was impervious to our questionable arguments and misguided methods of persuasion. She couldn’t stay. She wouldn’t stay, but she did promise to come back. I hold on to that promise. It was such a treat to have her spend those 9 days with us. She is a courteous guest and a lighthearted, high spirited companion. Most of all she’s a damn good friend. We all had a lot of fun together. We shared such great memories, in fact, that when we got to Dominica we passed up the opportunity to seek more waterfalls inland, because we felt that this new adventure might take away from what we experienced with Justyna. As strange as that might sound I, at least, wasn’t ready for any awe inspiring sight seeing sans Justyna.
Despite ourselves we’ve seen many beautiful places since she left. We spent the next 5 days in Les Saintes. A cluster of picturesque islands off Guadeloupe’s south coast. Terre-de-Haut, the main town of the archipelago was one of those places we could see ourselves settling in. It was charming, unhurried. Its residents laid back and friendly. The islands receive enough tourists to sustain local businesses and the most populated areas have just enough modern conveniences to afford a comfortable, delicious life filled with French delicacies. What more could you ask for?
Comments
Vessel Name: Rodeo
Vessel Make/Model: Alberg 37
Hailing Port: Halifax
Crew: Gabriel, Monika, and Pickle

Who: Gabriel, Monika, and Pickle
Port: Halifax