Ruby's Adventures 2015

This blog will trace Ruby's journey from Pittwater to Northern Queensland and return commencing in May 2015.

Pittwater to Coffs Harbour

08 May 2015
Off we set, 0515, dark and overcast. A fairly rolley passage with a fair breeze behind us. Had the jib poled out for most of the way.
Safety routines in place - life jackets, individual Satellite detectors in bum bags, regular log book entries, regular logins to Marine Rescue.

Arrived Port Stephens at approx 1700. It was dark by the time we found a mooring at Fame Cove. A very still night meant a sound and snug sleep. Awoke to a glorious day in such a pretty spot.

Sailed out to Broughton Island and did a spot of fishing. Geoff proved that you can catch a nice fish using plastic bate! A delicious bream was shared as entree.

Not such a cosy and snug sleep with a wild westerly blowing up in the night. The ghastly sound of anchor dragging had us out of bed in a flash - secured the anchor, back to bed - but an uncomfortable few hours.

A relief to set off for our passage to Coffs Harbour. Departed mid morning. A good southerly behind all the way. A great overnight ear with near full moon, cloudless skies, watching the southern cross rotate across the sky. On sunrise the wind eased, Jen went for a sleep and Geoff caught two bonitos.
Secured a birth at Coffs Harbour International Marina. Gave the boat a once over, packed an overnight bag and heade to Urunga via Coffs golf course for nine holes of golf.
A couple of good days spent with Phil and Bev. A special treat playing golf at Bonville on Saturday and a picnic by the beach on Sunday - Mother's Day.

Sunday night back to boat for a very early departure to Yamba. 1:30 am to ensure we get the high tide for entry to Clarence River.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ruby
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 410 Grand Large
Hailing Port: Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club on Pittwater at Newport, NSW
Crew: Jennie and Geoff Fogarty

Ruby's Profile

Who: Jennie and Geoff Fogarty
Port: Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club on Pittwater at Newport, NSW