Ruby's Adventures 2015

This blog will trace Ruby's journey from Pittwater to Northern Queensland and return commencing in May 2015.

Yamba to Gold Cost

11 May 2015
A fast passage to Yamba at 8 knots most of the way. Good to have both Pa and Phil on board. Not such a good journey for sleep with chop banging the boat. We were all feeling a bit sleep deprived on arrival to Yamba. We were pleased that it was full daylight and very calm entering Yamba - a tricky lent ray with lots of shallow water and sea walls.

Nine holes of golf in the afternoon after a power nap to restore energy! A very pretty sunset and then dinner in town. What a pretty seaside township it is!

An early morning walk, a coffee and the passage planning for our next overnight leg to Southport. Again, the tides dictating when we can depart.

A long night with fading breeze resulted in motoring for the last few hours. Sunrise glistened golden on the Gold Coast high rise. Geoff saw a large whale splash on the horizon. A pretty glorious morning.

We entered Southport Yacht Club mariner and found our allotted pen. A tight manoeuvre amongst huge vessels.

Found the energy for a round of golf at Royal Pines - very nice followed by dinner at a nearby mariner.

We all agreed that the night following an overnight passage is one of deep sleep!

Farewell to Phil. A quest morning then a walk along the beachside. Picked up a hire car and off to Hope Island for dinner with friends.

Very fortunate to play golf the next day at Hope Island. Jen had a terrific first 9 holes but the second she was afflicted with bunker fever! Geoff played his usual good golf! Thanks to Terry and Cherie and Liz and Geoff for welcoming us to the Gold Coast! We look forward to catching up again on our journey south.

Comments
Vessel Name: Ruby
Vessel Make/Model: Dufour 410 Grand Large
Hailing Port: Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club on Pittwater at Newport, NSW
Crew: Jennie and Geoff Fogarty

Ruby's Profile

Who: Jennie and Geoff Fogarty
Port: Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club on Pittwater at Newport, NSW