01 April 2010 | Still in Bequia
Having spent a long time here in Bequia has given the crew of Safari Tu a long time to think about plans and the opportunity to reflect on our trip so far, and what lies ahead.
We have met a few kid boats down here who are continuing their trips west through the Panama Canal and onto the Pacific - a huge commitment!! In fact our friends on Ceol Mor are likely leaving today for the long passage to Panama and we wish them fair winds and following seas.
When we think about the time we've had together as a family on the boat and the prospect of returning back to "normal" life, we too have decided that it's now or never. We are making the decision instead of going north to head west!!
We know it's a big change to our original plans, but while we are in the mind frame of sailing, we feel that there is no better time than the present. Also, the weather window is good right now for such a crossing, so we are jumping at the chance.
We will post more as more details work themselves out, and know that you all will support us in our decision!!
And, if you have believed anything I have just written, then you have been well and truly fooled. :)