Intrepid Vagabonds

Vessel Name: Mungojerrie
Vessel Make/Model: Open Ocean 16meter power catamaran
Hailing Port: Gulf Harbour Auckland New Zealand
Crew: Mike Welch and Linda Jones
About: Veterans of 50000 sailing miles,now gone to the dark side, and built a power cat. looking forward to the extra comfort of the next few years on Mungojerrie
Extra: Both like a little tiple or ten.Enjoy the social side of boating, we are looking forward to seeing new places and meeting new people. Hope to see our friends and family in exotic places as we move around the world. V
11 November 2019 | Fiji
10 November 2019 | Vunda marina
21 October 2019 | Vunda marina
21 October 2019 | Vunda marina
18 October 2019 | Fiji
02 October 2019 | Malolo lailai
23 September 2019 | Fiji
12 September 2019
07 September 2019 | Fiji
05 September 2019
05 September 2019 | Fiji
05 September 2019
26 August 2019 | Vuda Point Fiji
17 August 2019 | Fiji
27 July 2019 | Tonga
12 July 2019 | Neiafu Tonga
21 June 2019 | Vava'u Tonga
12 June 2019
12 June 2019
20 May 2019
Recent Blog Posts
11 November 2019 | Fiji

Bula

12th November

10 November 2019 | Vunda marina

Bula Bula

November 11th.

21 October 2019 | Vunda marina

Bula Bula

27th sept.

21 October 2019 | Vunda marina

Bula Bula

27th sept.

18 October 2019 | Fiji

Still here

Last blog got lost again so after writing to catch up on the last few weeks news I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy.

02 October 2019 | Malolo lailai

Musket Cove regatta week

12 September Thursday

Bula

12 September 2019
linda jones | Same same
15th August.

This one is dedicated to my beautiful sister.
Jan has tried so many new things since joining us in many places around the world. Before leaving tomorrow she wanted to DIVE off the boat. Great let’s do it. Well she tried very hard but just couldn’t get the action right. Belly flop after belly flop after belly flop. We laughed and laughed, with Jan of course not at her, but it just wasn’t happening. Too much thinking, too long trying to get the body in position,So we changed strategies. I suggested we try a pretend dive off the blocks. Quick and straight forward. Look at the end of the “pool”, focus. Deep breath, shake your hands out, slap your thighs, adjust cap and goggles, which she wasn’t wearing and step forward.
“Take your Mark, set, go”. Well here she was flying through the air looking every bit a diver and then it happened. She face planted, then body planted , her feet in the air. Well we cried so much it hurt. But do you know what, Jan keep at it until she was too sore to carry on. I am laughing with tears in my eyes while writing. You really did have to be there.
So thank you Jan for the belly laughs, I am so proud of you for always trying and admire your tenacity. Love you.
PS......no she didn’t get it right, but there is always next time.!!

16th August.

Back to Denarau and in to Nadi for lunch and shopping for Jan.
Very sad day as we farewelled Jan at Nadi Airport, having already said goodbye to Kevin on this trip. We did have a really lovely time and will see her again very soon we hope. So off to Musket Cove Malolo Lailai.

17th August

Musket Cove was uninhabited and sold by Chief Nedroga Ratu Kini in 1872. A few owners later and into the 60s it was sold to Smith (Dick) Raffe, And MacFarlane. They renamed it Leeward Island and then decided to individually manage portions of the island. The airstrip became the boundary. Dick Smith began building Musket Cove in 1976. This is a destination for all boaties, you would not come to Fiji without a visit to the island.

So we walked and swam and of course caught up with friends at the Island Bar every night. We also organised our next unplanned trip to Vuda Point Marina.

Both well
Bye for now
Comments

About & Links