sailboat Argonauta

10 August 2018 | Taormina
26 June 2018 | Syracuse
23 June 2018 | Riposto Sicily
23 October 2016 | Santorini Greece
19 October 2016 | Mykanos and Ios
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
26 August 2016 | Dirou Peloponnese
25 August 2016
22 August 2016 | kitres
22 August 2016 | Kalamata
22 August 2016 | Methoni
22 August 2016 | Pilos
22 August 2016 | Katakolon
22 August 2016 | Zackinthos
13 August 2016 | Kastos

Winter

20 February 2015 | Marina Di Ragusa
Jackie
The winter is a time of repair,improvement and socialising with others.
Having returned to Argonauta in mid November we began to undertake the jobs on our to do list.
First was the cockpit tent, a huge undertaking to pattern, cut and make the enclosure from canvas and plastic windows. The sewing machine has been temperamental and unfortunately Christmas came before we had finished. So, this is a job that remains unfinished.
Christmas was a quiet affair with time spent with a close friend who was alone at the marina.
New year came and went with great relief that we were starting 2015 , a clean year with hopefully better health. That lasted a whole 6 days before, whilst on the way to watch the living nativity in the local town I tripped on the pontoon!!! The result a broken right wrist, couldn't believe this was happening to me, again. There was no one around and Pete was on the boat, so I walked back and called out to him for help, he too was not impressed!
Following surgery to insert wires I again found myself with one arm, of course my right, out of action. Oops poor Pete has to cook, clean, wash and do the boat jobs!
The weather also got a bit cold, being unable to get a glove on a friend kindly knitted a stump cover to fit over the plaster and my hand. Pink with button details, practical but did look like I had no hand. Pete suggested I have an auto winch winder fitted to my wrist to save the effort of rehab! Always full of good ideas.

Next job varnish the floor, we were kindly leant a berth on a friends boat whilst we got on varnishing. The weather decided to plot against us but between showers we were able to complete the job.
We then went in search of the water leak in our fresh water system. This took a while, several fills of the tanks, a new pump and a new piece of pipe. The joys of an older boat.

Where are we up to now, well I am still in plaster but hope to be out soon, the cockpit tent needs completion, new solar panels to be fitted and the draws we removed to do floor put back. For an 8 berth boat we have one that is useable so I guess spring chuck out is needed.
Another job to add to the ever increasing list.
Comments
Vessel Name: Argonauta
Vessel Make/Model: Gibsea422
Hailing Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK
Crew: Pete & Jackie Jackson
About:
Pete & Jackie Jackson Have given up the rat race for a while to step off earth to explore the world. Jackie has left her job as manager of a care home. Whilst Pete has worked in the photo industry for 27 years. Exploring the chalenges & changes that digital images have brought. [...]
Extra: www.argonauta.co.uk REMEMBER. In the end it's not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years.
Home Page: http://www.argonauta.co.uk/

Argonauta

Who: Pete & Jackie Jackson
Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK