sailboat Argonauta

10 August 2018 | Taormina
26 June 2018 | Syracuse
23 June 2018 | Riposto Sicily
23 October 2016 | Santorini Greece
19 October 2016 | Mykanos and Ios
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
12 October 2016
26 August 2016 | Dirou Peloponnese
25 August 2016
22 August 2016 | kitres
22 August 2016 | Kalamata
22 August 2016 | Methoni
22 August 2016 | Pilos
22 August 2016 | Katakolon
22 August 2016 | Zackinthos
13 August 2016 | Kastos

Syracuse with friends

26 June 2018 | Syracuse
Jackie
After our wet and dozy trip to Noto Tess & Jackie decided to try again. This time we arranged to meet Tess husband and friend in Syracuse.
We boarded the train at 0820 with the aim of just over an hour's trip. Not according to Sicily railway. It took the grand total of 3 hours, with several stops in the middle of nowhere waiting another train who was also delayed.
On arrival we were desperate for a drink so found a small cafe and had coffee, with cake of course!
After a slow wander down to Ortiga ( the small island at the far end of Syracuse,) we meandered through the lively colourful market, being tempted by almonds, cheeses, fruits and vegetables in a variety vibrant of colours.
We met up with Pete ( another one, this time Tess husband) and his friend Jim and walked towards the main square, finding a tiny restaurant on the way. Following a feast of typical Sicilian food we headed to the main square. The architecture is amazing and you could feel the sense of age and grandure oozing from the old churches and buildings.
We stopped to admire the fountain of Diana - The Greek Goddess and huntress ( photos below).
Ice cream then a bit of window shopping, then it was time to say goodbye to Pete and Jim.
Tess and Jackie made their way back to the station to find a train waiting. And that is where we are, on the train, already 20 mins late but on our way back to Argonauta who has been banished from the mooring field to Riposto marina due to bad sea conditions.
We hope to still do an Etna trip before Tess leaves so watch this space.
Comments
Vessel Name: Argonauta
Vessel Make/Model: Gibsea422
Hailing Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK
Crew: Pete & Jackie Jackson
About:
Pete & Jackie Jackson Have given up the rat race for a while to step off earth to explore the world. Jackie has left her job as manager of a care home. Whilst Pete has worked in the photo industry for 27 years. Exploring the chalenges & changes that digital images have brought. [...]
Extra: www.argonauta.co.uk REMEMBER. In the end it's not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years.
Home Page: http://www.argonauta.co.uk/

Argonauta

Who: Pete & Jackie Jackson
Port: North Fambridge, Essex, UK