"sailing family"

Vessel Name: Island Spirit
Vessel Make/Model: 2005 Fontaine Pajot Bahia
Hailing Port: St Thomas,crown bay
Crew: Tom, Rhonda, Savannah, Slugger, Lexie & Beetlejuice
About:
On 12/27/10 the truck loaded 750 lbs. of things we thought we could not live without. (we'll see) And today is my last official day of work! On 01/07/11 we will arrive in St. Thomas, VI, take the ferry to Roadtown, Tortola & spend the first night in our new home, "Island Spirit. [...]
Extra:
The crew.. Tom & I are in our early 40's (very young!) and Savannah is our beautiful 7 yr. old daughter. Slugger, Lexie & Beetlejuice are the furrier side of the family I refuse to leave behind. We love the ocean, sun & sailing. Quite simply, we are a family that is in need of a change so we [...]
13 May 2011
12 May 2011
10 May 2011 | from Dry Tortugas
02 May 2011 | Louisville, Ky.
24 April 2011
23 April 2011
15 April 2011
04 April 2011 | Water Island, USVI
21 March 2011 | bvi's
15 March 2011
07 March 2011
02 March 2011
26 February 2011
26 February 2011
23 February 2011
20 February 2011
18 February 2011 | Culebrita, Puerto Rico
15 February 2011 | Water Island, USVI
10 February 2011
Recent Blog Posts
13 May 2011

May 13, 2011

12 May 2011

May 12, 2011

10 May 2011 | from Dry Tortugas

May 10, 2011

07 May 2011

Key West here we come!!

May 6, 2011

02 May 2011 | Louisville, Ky.

May 2, 2011

24 April 2011

Happy Easter

April 24, 2011

06 February 2011 | Water Island, USVI
Rhonda
February 5, 2011
Saturday

Hi All,

Since Thursday we have been anchored at Water Island in Honeymoon Bay. Water Island is sometimes considered the 4th U.S. Virgin Island. At one time it was a U.S. military base, but it is now owned by individuals. Water Island is 2.5 miles long and one half mile wide and is a short dinghy ride (5 minutes) to St. Thomas.

There are other families anchored here that live aboard and kids that live on the island. Savannah played all day yesterday on the beach with these kids and didn't want to leave at the end of the day. She is so excited she has talked nonstop about her "meet" she has today at a certain tree with her new friend Amanda (age 7).

Apparently it is commonplace that after the children finish their home school lessons for the day that they descend upon the beach. Yesterday there were kids from age 4 to 14 running around, swinging from ropes tied to trees and playing in the sand and water. We are told there is kid movie night on Sunday evenings where a sail is hung between two palm trees and a movie is projected onto it. Needless to say, we are excited to have found this beautiful spot.

Yesterday was our first day on Water Island. We took the dinghy to shore with the dogs and had lunch at Heidi's Café where she arrives each day with a stocked golf cart and then grills burgers, fish, etc. to order.

Slugger met the island dog, Bugsy and we thought they were gonna be buddies, but it didn't work out quite like that. Bugsy is a friendly, stocky looking dog that resembles Spuds MacKenzie. He is probably about as heavy as Slugger, but muscular and much younger. Neither are saying who started the fight, but let's just say Slugger was pinned in the sand on his back in less than 3 seconds and Tom had to pull them apart! It was one of those moments that happen so fast you feel like you can't react quick enough. Bugsy got a little cut on his nose and Slugger had a dazed, confused look when Tom pulled Bugsy away, but other than that, no injuries.

A little later in the day Lexie spotted Bugsy nearby. She leapt from Tom's lap and charged at him running as fast as she could and barking! Tom had to jump up and chase her down! I guess she was gonna finish the fight for her big brother!

We have had a few raindrops this morning. It is now 9:30 a.m. and there is a beautiful rainbow across the sky. Tom has taken the dinghy into Crown Bay Marina to "pick up" the laundry we had done yesterday! Yeah! $ 1.50 a lb. to wash, dry and fold.

We also have new neighbors that anchored beside us shortly after we arrived. They are about 30 feet from us and look to be in their early 70's. Nothing unusual about this except that they like to sit around on deck naked! As I write this she is sitting topless and they are rubbing one another with lotion. Yesterday they were completely naked! This is not what you want to see before even a first cup of coffee and I must admit that if I am looking at another women's boobs I'm hoping she looks good enough to be in a magazine somewhere. And guess what, Tom agrees!
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups