"sailing family"

Vessel Name: Island Spirit
Vessel Make/Model: 2005 Fontaine Pajot Bahia
Hailing Port: St Thomas,crown bay
Crew: Tom, Rhonda, Savannah, Slugger, Lexie & Beetlejuice
About:
On 12/27/10 the truck loaded 750 lbs. of things we thought we could not live without. (we'll see) And today is my last official day of work! On 01/07/11 we will arrive in St. Thomas, VI, take the ferry to Roadtown, Tortola & spend the first night in our new home, "Island Spirit. [...]
Extra:
The crew.. Tom & I are in our early 40's (very young!) and Savannah is our beautiful 7 yr. old daughter. Slugger, Lexie & Beetlejuice are the furrier side of the family I refuse to leave behind. We love the ocean, sun & sailing. Quite simply, we are a family that is in need of a change so we [...]
13 May 2011
12 May 2011
10 May 2011 | from Dry Tortugas
02 May 2011 | Louisville, Ky.
24 April 2011
23 April 2011
15 April 2011
04 April 2011 | Water Island, USVI
21 March 2011 | bvi's
15 March 2011
07 March 2011
02 March 2011
26 February 2011
26 February 2011
23 February 2011
20 February 2011
18 February 2011 | Culebrita, Puerto Rico
15 February 2011 | Water Island, USVI
10 February 2011
Recent Blog Posts
13 May 2011

May 13, 2011

12 May 2011

May 12, 2011

10 May 2011 | from Dry Tortugas

May 10, 2011

07 May 2011

Key West here we come!!

May 6, 2011

02 May 2011 | Louisville, Ky.

May 2, 2011

24 April 2011

Happy Easter

April 24, 2011

02 May 2011 | Louisville, Ky.
Rhonda
May 2, 2011
Tuesday

Hi All,

First of all, how bout those Navy Seals!!! Salute! Bye, bye Bin Laden.

And for us…
Savannah and I were last at the Sheraton in Nassau but decided to switch gears and fly home to Louisville while we waited for Tom to make his way into the Bahamas. Last Wednesday (April 29th) as we made the air pattern over the Ohio River I couldn’t believe all the water! Whoa! And then the cold rain! Geez! What happened to Global Warming? (Yeah right.)

It was a good feeling to see home; rain or not. The following morning we made our way over to my mother’s (Memaw Linda’s) for the ultimate surprise. Savannah could not wait to execute the big visit and I was forced to swear into silence all others who knew we were coming to town.

It was 8:30 a.m. and Memaw had yet to finish her first cup of coffee when Savannah popped into their home. Memaw looked like she had seen a ghost and then she cried! And then she kidnapped my daughter for the whole weekend!! J It was a wonderful moment I doubt any of us will ever forget.

I spent the weekend visiting family and friends and going to the, “Wrinkle Room” with my girlfriends Marsha and Sheila. No we didn’t get face lifts or acid facial treatments or anything like that. We went to Jim Porter’s to listen to the band. These guys are friends/co-workers of my partners in crime and occasionally moonlight fulfilling those teen-age dreams of being rock stars. Really though, they were very good!

For those of you from Louisville reading this you know why it’s called the “Wrinkle room.” For others, Jim Porter’s is a bar that has been around since the beginning of time and is home to all the elderly who still have the need to shake it on the dance floor and two-step through the aisles! Yes, it’s that scary J, but it was a night to remember! Thank you my friends.

It’s been a great 6 days at home, but my tan is starting to fade and I no longer own winter clothes so I must return to the sailboat to worship the sun. Plus, Tom and Wally are in the Exumas (Bahamas) and have been sailing many days and nights, off and on to make it this far. Tomorrow I will fly into Nassau and they will sail there. Then the three of us will make our way to the Bimini Islands, then to Florida making our way around Key West and up to Gulf Shores, Alabama.

Once we reach Gulf Shores we will navigate into Homeport Marina; the “hurricane safe” (we hope) marina which will house “Island Spirit” for months to come. One thing that is more than mention worthy is LuLu’s Restaurant & Bar that is located there. If you are a parrot head you already know the owner of LuLu’s is Jimmy Buffett’s sister. So who cares if it’s a hurricane safe marina when you can have, “Cheeseburgers in Paradise!”

All for now,
Rhonda
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Groups