Sailing TangoXray

Just about there

TangoXray is for Texas. According to legend Texas derives from an aboriginal word meaning 'friend.' Life has shown me that everyone in the world is my friend and so everywhere in the world is Texas. This is a blog about sailing Texas, i.e. the world. My name is Khy and I live in Austin. I sail, I perform X-ray and CT exams at a hospital and I have a lot of boats.

I took S/V Patella, my 1969 Glastron Sigma 14, completely apart about two years ago following a hull vs. rocks moment at Lake Buchanan in Central Texas. A house and yard full of projects slowed Patella's progress but the last month has been hers and hers alone. With the deck painted and given a hefty layer of non-skid only the hull needs painting before everything goes back together. I even wired my little daysailer with a bow and stern light. She begs for an anchor light but there's a situation there.

The mast, oval-ish in shape, is filled with a square pink foam for flotation. This makes sending wires up difficult. Years ago I made a roadside ground score of a snake on a reel that may enable sending the wire up. The anchor light isn't critical. It would just be nice to have. I'd like to be able to spend summer nights on Patella out here at Lake Travis anchored close to Sometimes Island. Currently she is getting fit for a summer trip to Lake Ouachita near Hot Springs up in Arkansas County. Tonight I may have time to finish the last of squeezing thickened epoxy into the last of the trenches in the gelcoat I wallered out with the Dremel. The rocks left a lot of deep scratches that all have to be filled.

Comments