sailing yemaya

31 August 2009 | Dunmore
31 August 2009 | Dublin
20 August 2009

Leaving Oslo...

20 August 2009
Alina
For those who don't know, me Alina, with my boy friend Kai, Norwegian skipper and owner of Yemayá the boat we've been living the last 2 years, have left our jobs and lifes in Oslo to go sailing around the world for some years. We are accompany by Sam and Vicky. They are a English couple who was living in Singapore, but they decided to quit their jobs too and join us in our trip.

It's been little more than 2 weeks now since we left Oslo. We've been in some places and done some things since we left, but not so many compared to what we'll do... I'll try to keep you posted with all the things we do, so you can follow us at least through the internet. Hope you enjoy the trip as we do!

August 1st 2009, we finally left Oslo. After two years planning and dreaming, today we are finally taking the ropes on board but to be kept there until we find different ports!

Some of our friends came to say good bye to us, so we cheered with some champagne and we said to meet again in some warmer places...

And so we went... good bye Oslo, and us we'll like to say... So long, and thanks for all the fish!!

We spend the first night on a bay between Oslo and open see. In the morning Kai and Sam thought of going for a bath... of course they thought they were already on the tropics and forgot about the Norwegian weather and its cold waters!!

It's time to sail a little... And so we left from the Oslo fiord with the help of some wind and sail towards Bergen.

In the way to Bergen we spend two nights at see, one night at Kristiansand and one night at Haugusond. We arrived Bergen the 6th of august at 21:30

Bergen, Kai's home town! We found a nice place in the middle of the city centre. Just next to the fish market and bars, were all the tourists come to take their postcard picture.

We stayed in Bergen for 3 nights. We had Kai's family and friends on board many times, some for breakfast, some for coffee in the afternoon and some for late night drinks. On Friday night we had dinner, raclette, at Kai's mom's house. We spend a nice time in Bergen, and I think the crew, Sam and Vicky, enjoyed as fell. Tomas, the last member of the crew, German guy from Milan, arrived Saturday afternoon. So now we are complete and ready to start the big journey. First stop Scotland!

We left Bergen knowing the winds will not be all great for us, but we never imagined there was not going to be any when we were at the middle of the north see. So at the end... it took us 4 days to get to Scotland, but we finally did!

We payed the fee for entering the Caledonial Channel, quite expensive to be honest, and we were ready to get in... 29 logs and 3 nights in total!

Next stop... Dublin, Irland!! It took us 2 days to arrive, we didn't had any good winter so we used the engine most of the way, so we could say, 2 days and 200 litres of diesel less... we arrived to Dublin!
Comments
Vessel Name: Yemaya