Moon Dancer on the Move

12 October 2014
27 May 2014 | Panama City, Panama
06 December 2009 | Grand Anse Beach, Grenada
29 November 2009 | Grenada on the hard in the yard.
19 November 2009 | St Lucia and The Grenadines
27 October 2009
29 September 2009 | St Georges
20 September 2009 | Chaguaramas, Crews Inn

The Best Meal EVER!

06 December 2009 | Grand Anse Beach, Grenada
Captain Nell
Although I try to stick to our sailing adventures on this blog, due to slooooow and inefficient work practices at Spice Island Marine, we are still at the Alamanda Beach resort on Grand Anse Beach, I know,,this does not sound much like suffering and except for the dent in my budget, it is not.
We expect to splash on or before this Friday so we decided to take the weekend off and explore our surroundings. We found Jenny's Beach Place, located on the northernmost end of Grand Anse Beach. It is a bed and breakfast spot. They advertised a Roast Pork, Yorkshire Pudding and Veggie Sunday Lunch. Phil started craving this traditional English fare the moment we saw the sign. My past experience has been that English food has never been impressive however Jenny's chef prepared one of the finest meals I have had in a long. long time. The pork was tender and juicy and came with a light and very tasty gravy along with a little cracklin on top. The meal came with an amazing cauliflower au-gratin, shaved cabbage, crispy fresh lighty sauteed carrot slices and roasted new potatoes. The Yorkshire pudding was fresh and light and a lovely golden brown. Everything was presented beautifully. The portions were generous yet not "super sized" for those Amercans used to huge portions of mediocre food.
I'll post a photo later however we enjoyed a perfect Pina Colada and excellent home made Carrot cake as well. Everything was great including the large cup of hot and fresh coffee that ended our lovely Sunday afternoon Lunch.
All of this was enjoyed in a covered outdoor table with a beautiful ocean view. I would highly recommend Jenny's for Sunday Lunch. Come early as it gets full by 2pm and lunch starts at 12:30.
I spoke to some of the patrons and each one was a repeat customer ordering this Sunday Lunch special.
If you are in Grenada on a Sunday, don't miss Jennys.
Bon Appetite!!



Comments
Vessel Name: Moon Dancer
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana 55
Hailing Port: Coconut Grove FL/ York UK
Crew: Nell and Dr. Philip Kellett
About:
Nell is a former airline executive, current USCG licensed Merchant Marine Officer and lifetime traveler. Her son and daughter-in-law are cruising on SV Estrella in Mexico. Philip is a retired MD and holds a RYA Yachtmaster Ocean qualification. [...]
Extra: Moon Dancer is our cruising home. We are starting the next phase of our life traveling, sailing, SCUBA diving and fishing. Most of all, we are looking forward to all the great new friends and memories that await us on this wonderful life journey.
Moon Dancer 's Photos - Main
Just a few photo from our time in trinidad
No Photos
Created 2 October 2009