S/V Eleuthera II

A 1982 CSY Walkthrough

16 January 2022 | Hoggs Cove Stuart Florida
07 December 2021
07 December 2021 | before
16 September 2018
28 March 2017 | Peck Lake
07 February 2017 | Port Salerno Boatyard
19 November 2015
13 May 2015 | Port Salerno Boatyard
17 March 2015
19 February 2015
11 February 2015 | Stuart
28 August 2014
24 August 2014
11 June 2014 | Seabase ~ Islamorada
30 May 2014 | Florida Seabase Islamorada Florida

Wrap-Up

28 July 2011 | Home in Stuart, Florida
Well it took awhile to get back here and post this wrap-up of our month long trip to the Abaco Islands in the Bahamas. Wow, what a trip! A lifelong desire to sail to the Bahamas in MY boat and spend some extended time enjoying the islands was finally accomplished. Had great weather for the most part and the boat performed flawlessly. I am so impressed with the CSY, it's solid reputation is well deserved. Had no less than 17 different people join us for the experience between friends, family and crew. All were equally at ease with the boat with her comfortable motion and spacious accomodations.
Here are some thoughts on some of the equipment, the islands, and assorted other musings...
Mangos Marina in Marsh Harbour is the best; half the price of the two marinas on either side and all the amenities of the others. The staff, Ray and Lisa were the most helpful and friendly of all the nice people we met there.
The CQR anchor is useless there, go with the Bruce/Delta type, worked every time, even in some squally weather with 35 to 40 knot gusts. Loved my SPOT gps messenger and my best crew member "Ron Rico" the autopilot ("I don't really navigate boss, I just steer the boat"). He is a Raymarine Linear drive and X30 core pack integrated with the chartplotter. I'll never leave home without him.
A little disapointed in Double Breasted Cay, not enough there to get excited about. But if you ever get a chance to stop in at Foxtown, don't miss it. Ronald is great! What great service... butter and beer delivery by boat from his store.
Here is a pic of Great Sale Cay at sunset. This was our first stop after a 13 hour crossing from Lake Worth Inlet.
Until next year....
Comments
Vessel Name: Eleuthera
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 CSY 44 Walkthrough
Hailing Port: Stuart, Florida
Crew: Doug and Rosie
About: A short sabatical from this crazy world...
Extra: 1981 CSY 44 Walkthrough. Eleuthera, a jewel of an island in the Bahamas "out islands" also, from the Greek; Eleuthera means Freedom !