The alignment process was tedious as usual and I found it nearly impossible to get the clearances I was shooting for. Not wanting to add unnecessary wear on the new drive components due to misalignment, I opted for a product I was not aware of until the internet search for a solution began. It's a Bruntons Sigmadrive sigmadrive
, a c/v joint with built in thrust bearing built for the marine industry in England. I also found the youtube video review from SV Prism to be very helpful.
The Stateside rep Rod was very helpful and had my order here within 4 days shipped DHL. I did ask if there was any chance of getting the price of $575 reduced and he offered a "boat show" discount of 10% bringing the price, including shipping to a little more than $500. I installed the part in about 3 hours and took her for a quick test drive of about an hour. I am happy to report that earlier vibrations were cut roughly in half at all operating RPMs. I also feel the noise level has been noticeably reduced. I'll post a follow up after more time on the water.