24 May 2010 | Pecks Lake ~ Hobe Sound
15 May 2010 | on the stern of course
15 May 2010 | Sunset Bay Marina - Stuart, Fl.
02 May 2010 | at the dock
18 April 2010 | Merroticas on the Water - Port Salerno, Fl.
02 April 2010 | Stuart, Florida
21 March 2010 | Stuart, Florida
13 March 2010 | Now in Stuart, Florida
05 February 2010 | Stuart, Florida
17 January 2010 | Still in Stuart
26 June 2009 | Stuart (Where else ?)
14 July 2008 | at MY own dock - Stuart, Florida
06 February 2008 | Stuart, Florida
25 October 2007 | Still here in Stuart
24 December 2006 | Moved down to Port of Palm Beach
CSY and Hurricane Florence
16 September 2018
I was watching the "Sunday Morning" show about the aftereffects of Hurricane Florence. They showed a shot of a sailboat high and dry amid debris from what looks like a fallen house. I recognized the lines as a CSY Walkover. I'll try to load a pic. My heart goes out to the owner. Hopefully the boat can be salvaged. From the looks of it, very likely. If any boat can be brought back, it's the CSY!
A most enjoyable anchorage...
28 March 2017 | Peck Lake
My wife and I decided it was time to make use of this magnificent boat and weather. Off we went to Peck Lake, just south of Stuart on the intracoastal waterway. The wind was blowing cool all day and night which makes for a very pleasant evening on the hook in the very protected anchorage. We spent 2 nights there just getting off the grid and relaxing. The trip also gave me the opportunity to try the upgrades to my dingy, a 8hp Tohatsu outboard with a Doel Hydrofoil fin. It does what it says, planes quicker with less rpm. Also, I used the trip to check on the new Sigmadrive I installed to the drive system of the boat. This also works as it says, less vibration and less worry about alignment. I'm still checking every few hours for loosening bolts / screws but at this poinbt, no problems.
We've decided to make better attempts at going for quick trips until we can figure out just how long until Rosie can retire. If only we could get good affordable health care!!
New Sigmadrive CV/Thrust Bearing addition & review.
27 February 2017 | Stuart, FL
The alignment process was tedious as usual and I found it nearly impossible to get the clearances I was shooting for. Not wanting to add unnecessary wear on the new drive components due to misalignment, I opted for a product I was not aware of until the internet search for a solution began. It's a Bruntons Sigmadrive sigmadrive
, a c/v joint with built in thrust bearing built for the marine industry in England. I also found the youtube video review from SV Prism to be very helpful.
The Stateside rep Rod was very helpful and had my order here within 4 days shipped DHL. I did ask if there was any chance of getting the price of $575 reduced and he offered a "boat show" discount of 10% bringing the price, including shipping to a little more than $500. I installed the part in about 3 hours and took her for a quick test drive of about an hour. I am happy to report that earlier vibrations were cut roughly in half at all operating RPMs. I also feel the noise level has been noticeably reduced. I'll post a follow up after more time on the water.
Repairing the repair.....
07 February 2017 | Port Salerno Boatyard
It seems there was some work done on the prop shaft log by a previous owner many years ago, probably in Venezuela or other South American spot. I don't know why, but there was a 7" extension to the original log, maybe when the new engine was installed. The problem became apparent when the boat started taking on water due to the extension failing from a crack at the connection. It seems they just placed the extension up against the existing log and laid tons of resin around it. It took 3 days of grinding and chipping to remove it all. I repaired the repair by using a fiberglass splice tube epoxied between the new and old making sure the clearance remained at 1/4" around the prop shaft. After all was said and done, new parts included a new cutlass bearing, 1 1/2" shaft, stuffing box with GFO packing, and shaft coupling. As with every boat project, it took on a life of its own. I also replaced all motor mounts, all hose clamps, engine hoses and painted the bilge under the engine. The only item left to do is a final engine alignment. I'm shooting for clearances under .004. This will take a good day of tweaking of the motor mounts. Looking forward to getting back on the water....
Deck work done... now onto the center cockpit
18 April 2016
I must say, it looks great.