La Palapa sails on

28 September 2011 | lanzareta island (or something like that)
27 September 2011 | banco de la concepcion
27 September 2011 | 150nm togo!
26 September 2011 | 40nm of the west tip of africa
26 September 2011 | atlantic ocean
26 September 2011 | 300nm from cananries
25 September 2011 | north atlantic off casablanca
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
22 September 2011 | gibraltar
21 September 2011 | gibraltar
20 September 2011 | gibraltar
18 September 2011 | gibraltar
17 September 2011 | spain/gibraltar
16 September 2011 | gibraltar
15 September 2011 | gibraltar
14 September 2011 | gibraltar
13 September 2011 | gibraltar
10 September 2011 | gibraltar

vhf radio and autopilot breaker day

25 May 2011 | 20 fathom bay still
roger
so this morning i slept in until 930 as a result of my late night tv. ironically only moments after i flipped on the vhf radio i got a call from slap dash about coming over for breakfast. the original plan was for 730 but apparently they where a bit behind sched as well. i was on the phone with frank but i told them to head over and my best to multi task making coffee and talking on the cell at the same time. once i got the cofee going i turned the kitchen over to jamie. she did a great job making us breakfast buritos with our eggs and her sausage.

as i mentioned previously i had been getting a bit overwhelmed by the todo list so after breakfast i decided to focus on items needed to allow me to replace all the panels and get the aft cabin back together, these where 1. vhf antenna connectors install 2. new circuit breaker for simrad autopilot and nmea 2000 instruments 3. AIS keyboard with seths help i managed to get 1 and 2 complete but i think i am going to need to get a replacement one from the US. the good news is now i can turn the simrad off so we are saving an amp all the time we are not using the autopilot. the down side is i had to install the breaker under floor in the galley.

by the time we had finished this we only had time for a quick happy hour before seth headed home to make dinner. i decided to go it alone and made some left over rice and stir fry ground beef. once i got done i was a bit lonely so i asked the slappers if i could come over and join them. seth ended up making a similar dish and in the end we just mixed everything together yum yum :)

after dinner we got the unfortunate news that seth's friend jeff was again going to blow him off and cancel his trip out. this got us into a long debate about philosophy of seizing the moment vs doing the responsible thing. during this i managed to talk to karli for a few minutes between drop outs. she was still having a great time but was exhausted. she had also met a new friend who was crew of a power yacht and they where both going for a hike vs the "boat" trip scheduled for the other yogaers tomorrow.

cheers, roger
Comments
Vessel Name: La Palapa
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina/Morgan 440
Hailing Port: Lake View OR USA
Crew: Roger Hayward

Sail on La Palapa

Who: Roger Hayward
Port: Lake View OR USA