La Palapa sails on

28 September 2011 | lanzareta island (or something like that)
27 September 2011 | banco de la concepcion
27 September 2011 | 150nm togo!
26 September 2011 | 40nm of the west tip of africa
26 September 2011 | atlantic ocean
26 September 2011 | 300nm from cananries
25 September 2011 | north atlantic off casablanca
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
23 September 2011 | gibraltar
22 September 2011 | gibraltar
21 September 2011 | gibraltar
20 September 2011 | gibraltar
18 September 2011 | gibraltar
17 September 2011 | spain/gibraltar
16 September 2011 | gibraltar
15 September 2011 | gibraltar
14 September 2011 | gibraltar
13 September 2011 | gibraltar
10 September 2011 | gibraltar

de ja vous all over again

20 September 2011 | gibraltar
roger
well as some of you may have suspected there was more than just the mast and the Genset that caused me to come back to the marina a couple of days. in retrospect it would have sucked to be on anchor for the last couple of days due to the weather but that was not it either. the primary reason for the abort was karli was having second thoughts about continuing on the trip. i will let karli go into the detail but bottom line is she has started to focus her thoughts on her life going forward post sailing (what exactly is that?) and will be flying to bali this week to start begin this new "journey". ironically it was about a year ago we where in bali and the weather should be much better than the med and even the Canaries right now. This leaves me in a bit of a lurch but i have encouraged her to do what will make her happy. alas, apparently a never ending "plan" to sail the warm parts of the world is not every ones "dream", especially with a larry visit on the horizon :)

i will probably go ahead and do the trip to the canaries my self only about 500nm (half the baja peninsula) so i can get out of here sooner or later. did i mention there apparently is only one guy in Gibraltar that does stainless and he will not return my calls, so i will be doing the mast fix there. i will be looking to find some one to "share" the "dream" of crossing the atlantic to the beutiful Caribbean in the the next month or two so if you know anyone please send them my way!

cheers, roger
Comments
Vessel Name: La Palapa
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina/Morgan 440
Hailing Port: Lake View OR USA
Crew: Roger Hayward

Sail on La Palapa

Who: Roger Hayward
Port: Lake View OR USA