Sally of Hamble

Folly’s Reach to East Cowes

03 June 2018
Weather: very hot

We had moored on a private berth last night at the harbour master’s request as the Front olly pontoon was full with boats rafted three out. We felt lucky to be away from the mayhem and we woke to a lovely sunny, quite morning. We had breakfast in the sunshine watching herons and egrets pick along the bank.

Then as the exodus of boats heading home motored by us we got on with our chores, firstly threading the reefing lines.

Today we are headed for East Cowes, a mile down river. Pete is going to catch the ferry home to collect all the things he forgot to pack. The list got longer the more he thought about it.

While Pete was gone, I victualled the boat at the lovely new Waitrose and finished the stowing. I also spent some time sitting under our new sunshade, a Christmas present from Little Pete. Thanks Pete !

Around tea time Pete retuned from his trip home hot and in need of beer so we headed for the Lifeboat to sit on the sun deck where a really excellent band (Lucid) were playing then back to Sally for supper.

Tomorrow we will tackle the fuel filters and then we will be ready to start our adventure proper.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sally of Hamble
Vessel Make/Model: Rival 41C
Hailing Port: Southampton
Crew: Pete & Lindsey Blow