Salt & Light

Dennehy's Set Sail

15 October 2009 | Seattle - not Belize :(
12 August 2009 | Seattle WA
05 July 2009 | Sacramento CA
19 June 2009 | Gulf of Mexico
27 May 2009 | Cay Ambergris Belize
17 May 2009 | Turneffe Islands Belize
08 May 2009 | Rio Dulce
30 April 2009 | Rio Dulce
15 April 2009 | Roatan, Honduras
02 April 2009 | Guanaja Honduras
23 March 2009 | Providencia, Columbia
10 March 2009 | Panama City
09 March 2009 | Panama city
16 February 2009 | Eastern Holandes
08 February 2009 | Green Island, San Blas
23 January 2009 | Cartagena
06 January 2009 | Cartagena
23 December 2008 | Cartegena
10 December 2008 | Bonaire
07 December 2008 | Los Roques VZ

Our Boat is awesome!

27 October 2007 | Deaton's boatyard
Michaela
Hey Guys!!
The Boat now feels like home and I luv my room!! We just got back from the outer banks, a form of long islands on the coast of North Carolina. We went to Cape Lookout. It was sooo much fun. There are tons of shells and wildlife. One day we went to the ocean. On the walk there Ethan saw some lizards and now he really wants one, lol!! The waves were HUGE!! The water was 75 degrees. When we got back to the bay we went snorkeling. Liam and I found a flounder, sand dollars, and lots of Pinfish and hermit crabs. Cape Lookout also has a 160 foot light house. They made the keepers house into a museum. We learned a lot about living at a lighthouse and why they were and still are so important to the NC coast.
Now we are back in Oriental, NC fixing the damages to our boat. We have met a couple new families, they are really nice! However, both new families have only boys. I sure hope I meet some more girls out here! It is nice having Emily from Wandering Dolphin! I hope we stay in contact. They have a blog at sailblogs as well, check it out!

Luv,
Michaela
S/V Salt & Light

P.S. I want to say Hi to all my bff's, you know who you are! LOL

Getting Hit

02 October 2007 | Oriental Harbor, North Carolina
Liam - sunny and warm
We got hit in the morning around 7am on the 23rd of September while I was sleeping. I awoke to a loud CRUNCH!!!!!! It was loud! I thought we hit the rocks but luckily we did not. However, another boat hit us. Actually he hit our swim ladder, dinghy davits, and wind generator pole. If we had not forgotten to take the swim ladder up we would be taking on water because he would have put a hole in our boat instead of our ladder. We were all safe! Thank the Lord!!

We are now in Oriental, North Carolina sitting on the hard. Our boat is being fixed at Deaton's Boat Yard. They are great people and work very hard. On the hard means we are living in our boat on land. So we cannot drain water from the boat or use our heads (toilets). We are dying from thirst! Just kidding we do have drinking water. We have to use a tall ladder to get on and off the boat. Deaton's provides a nice sitting room and bathroom for us to use and a place for mom to do the dishes. The benefit is REAL showers says mom however I think it is electricity!!! We get to plug into shore power which provides us unlimited electricity, no battery watching. I get to play on the computer and my DS gets to be charged whenever needed. One more thing, Deaton's has WiFi so I get to play games online and a car so we can run errands.
That's all for now!

THE END

We made it!!

08 September 2007 | Charleston, SC
Michaela/ Muggy and 90s
Tuesday morning was spent at the airport waiting for our plane to leave. Fortunately our plane arrived on time and soon we were off! The plane ride was fun we got to watch Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer! Liam loved it! Before we knew it we landed in Atlanta, Georgia. We ate dinner and got on another plane to take us to Charleston, SC. We arrived very late. Once we got to our hotel everyone was excited to be here. Our hotel room was the coolest hotel room I have ever been in. We have two floors! Downstairs has a kitchenette, T.V., and a table, upstairs has two beds, T.V., and a bathroom!!

We woke up the next morning ready to go and see our boat. We ate a quick breakfast and we were off. Our boat is soooo awesome!!! We can't wait to get it in the water!
It is really hot in Charleston! Mom and dad worked on the boat while us kids sat in the shade and played. After we finished on the boat we went to our hotel and got dressed for the pool!! (our hotel does not have a pool so we went to another hotel pool.) Dinner was the BEST!! We ate at Hymans Seafood, it was the Delicious!! I recommend it highly if u ever go to Charleston!

Michaela
s/v Salt & Light
Vessel Name: Salt & Light
Vessel Make/Model: '99 Beneteau 44cc
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Denis, Rennie, Michaela, Liam and Ethan

The Adventure Has Begun!!

Who: Denis, Rennie, Michaela, Liam and Ethan
Port: Seattle, WA