Sailing 'Saltrun'

26 April 2015 | Lochabar, Long Island, Bahamas
13 April 2015

Long Island Lochabar

26 April 2015 | Lochabar, Long Island, Bahamas
We spent some time in an area known as Lochabar, here in Long Island. The area is very close to Clarence Town, the capital of the island. When most of us think of a capital, we picture a capital building, and perhaps a governor's mansion and state legislature buildings. Not here in Clarence Town, the Flying Fish Marina is here, as is a couple of small motels. There is a really old church here, a landmark in town. That's about it. We were not here for the town tour though, we headed around the corner to Lochabar, a beautiful area bay, surrounded by white sandy beaches. And one house. Our local friends help manage the place, called Lochabar Lodge, and it is on the Explorer Charts for Clarence Town. It is a great place to stay, contact me if you want more information, I will put you in touch with my local friend.
We had a great barbeque there, and relaxed in the shade of the Australian pines in the backyard. It was great!
For a full description, got to our full blog at
www.saltrun.blogspot.com...

Here is a short video of some interesting fish in Lochabar. They are seeking safety in, of all things, an abandoned fish pen!
Youtube, Fish in Lochabar


Comments
Vessel Name: Saltrun
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 38 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Key West
Crew: Chris and Joyce
About: We have a great sailboat, a Manta catamaran made in Florida. We are still learning to sail, but we haven't let that stop us. Just the dumb stuff we do stops us. Still, it sure beats going to work!
Extra: We are sailing with our dog, a Portuguese Podengo named Guincha. She is in charge, just ask her.

Sailing 'Saltrun'

Who: Chris and Joyce
Port: Key West