Sanderling's Adventures

03 May 2015
27 March 2015
13 March 2015 | George Town
25 February 2015 | Exumas
12 February 2015 | Black Point, Exumas, Bahamas
12 February 2015 | Black Point, Exumas, Bahamas
02 February 2015 | North Bimini, Bahamas
24 January 2015 | Lake Sylvia, Fort Lauderdale
17 December 2014
07 December 2014
03 December 2014
20 November 2014
04 November 2014
28 October 2014
20 October 2014
18 October 2014 | Deltaville, VA
14 October 2014 | Great Wicomico River

Update on Casey

30 October 2013 | Hampton River, VA
So we know that Chrisy hasn't "jumped ship" nor has she kicked Roger off the boat - but how is Casey doing with all of this.... As many of you know he was diagnosed with a tumor in his throat about two years ago, and we honestly didn't think that the little guy would be on board.

With new sights, sounds, and smells, Casey is absolutely having a blast on the trip. He wasn't a big fan of the Canadian Geese and would bark at them at every occasion - which were many. Like the other crew member, he also doesn't seem to be a big fan of the whole healing over in 20 knots of wind thing. He'll hunker down on the low side and seems to put his paws over his head and wait for it all to be over. We put a fleece blanket on him and he seems to be fine.

We've always known that he's a bit of a "mommy's boy" but it's gotten a little worse on the trip. It's basically impossible for me to take him on a walk if Chrisy is anywhere in site. (N.B. if you didn't know about Roger's stubbornness..... He continues to think that Casey only cares for Chrisy.... Well, this trip has, without a doubt, confirmed that Chrisy can't take Casey for a walk without Roger either..... In fact, earlier in the trip, Casey walked Chrisy back to the "hub" of Edgartown, in search of Roger who had left for a fishing trip.....so Roger, believe it, despite your stubbornness, Casey is a "daddy's boy" too....)!!!!

He continues to act like the mayor of the town - fully expecting other dogs to kowtow to him. He was, however, very well behaved when we passed a few pit bulls the other day. He garners treats from most of the marinas and store owners and continues to be a chick- magnet while on his walks around town which he mandates for twice a day. He has even surprised us by allowing us to leave him a few times, at night, so we can go out for dinner with other cruisers we have met along the way. Give him a nice doggie treat, turn on the country music, and Casey just snuggles up on our bed!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sanderling
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 45
Hailing Port: Jamestown, RI

Port: Jamestown, RI