Sapphire...One day at a time.

22 May 2011 | Deep Creek, VA
22 May 2011 | On the way to the Great Dismal Swamp
22 May 2011 | Leaving Oriental, NC
22 May 2011 | Charleston, SC to Beaufort, NC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | Charleston, SC
08 May 2011 | End of the Bahamas
08 May 2011 | Abacos, Bahamas
16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
07 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
15 March 2011 | Black Point, Great Guana Cay
05 March 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma & Thompson Bay
11 February 2011 | George Town, Great Exuma
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
01 February 2011 | Raccoon Cay
01 February 2011 | Jumento's
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
31 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
29 December 2010 | Thompson Bay, Long Island
16 December 2010 | Pipe Creek to Black Point

Sam and Chris on the Atlantic

16 April 2011 | Hope Town, Elbow Cay, Bahamas
April 7-16, 2011

We left Hope Town as planned and made our way to Marsh Harbor to do some provisioning and to be ready to pick up Sam, our youngest daughter, and Chris. They were right on time and the taxi dropped them off at Snappas' where we had dinner. We had some lively conversations that evening and stayed up a bit late. Ah well, it was good to have them here.
The next morning we took a quick tour through town and went to the grocery store for some last minutes things. The new grocery store is open in Marsh Harbor and it is huge! It rivals any good U.S grocery store. The produce was lovely and fresh and the shelves were full.
Then we were off to see the Abacos. We decided to go out North Man O War cut and fish down in the ocean. We sailed and motor-sailed and Chris hauled in a Mahi Mahi on a hand line. Fish for dinner! We had fish tacos the first night-so good with fresh fish. We anchored off Lynyard Cay, which has a few private homes on it, but not much else.
The next morning after a nice quiche, we hiked a path over to the ocean side and had a nice walk. We found some sea glass, but not much else. Then we were off to Pete's Pub (http://www.petespubandgallery.com/) in Little Harbor for some refreshments. It is about a 5 mile dinghy ride and we can't get the dinghy up on plane (to go fast) with four people in the dinghy, so Sam rode with Kim and Steve from "Fine Lion". We got a little wet on the ride over, but the ride back was fine. We finished up with a delicious dinner of lobster alfredo and a salad.
The next day we waited for low tide and headed out around 11 a.m. to check out some beaches and look for conch. We found a nice shell and a sea biscuit, but not much else. We had a little picnic lunch on a beach and headed back to get the boat ready to move north for Tahiti Beach. We dropped anchor and got organized for dinner. We had a nice boiled dinner of corned beef and cabbage and vegetables.
The next morning Mike mixed up some lobster salad and I got some pita bread ready for another picnic lunch on the beach. We packed up and wandered all around Tahiti Beach at low tide when there is lots of sand. We also hunted for conch, but only saw small ones. When we had had enough sun, we dinghied over to Cracker P's for some refreshments, always a fun spot on Lubbers Quarters (http://www.crackerps.com/). Then it was back to the boat to ready the boat for the short trip into Hope Town to grab and mooring ball and to cook a nice Mahi dinner.
Today we wandered all around Hope Town and shopped a bit. We had lunch and shopped some more. We picked up a few things at the grocery store and came back to relax for a bit. We are now getting the boat ready to move up to Great Guana Cay to be there for Nipper's pig roast tomorrow. (http://www.nippersbar.com/)

Comments
Vessel Name: Sapphire
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 40
Hailing Port: White Lake, Michigan
Crew: Mike and Kathy Steere