Savarna

Savarna of New Zealand

Who: Keith & Pam Goodall
Port: Auckland, New Zealand

Grenada

16 January 2013
Thursday 10th was spent cleaning the boat and donating various perishable food items to the couple next door from the USA who were about to head off for 3 months and also meeting with James from Horizon Yacht Management who will organise a few more jobs while we return to NZ for a couple of months. Fortunately the weather was improving and we had no rain.



Pam enjoying final sunbathing

Friday morning we sailed around to Prickly Bay. It was good to get the mainsail up and well dried before getting a good roll on the boom. We hauled out at Spice Island Marine's yard and are located immediately adjoining the travellift - I think the latter because we had very little clearance off the ground.



Pam inspects the hull

We then adjourned for the latter part of the afternoon to the True Blue resort just a few minutes drive from the Spice Island yard for our final night on Grenada. We found it was a salsa night complete with Mexican menu, live band and professional salsa dancers. The net result was that we had a great final evening, far later than intended and far to many cocktails considering we had a 30 hour flight the following morning.


Salsa dancing Grenada style

Cheers for now, back in late March. Need to go and enjoy some great summer weather in New Zealand.

Keith & Pam
Comments
Vessel Name: Savarna
Vessel Make/Model: Hanse 531
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Keith & Pam Goodall
About:
We took delivery of Savarna ( a hindu word meaning "daughter of the ocean") from the Hanse yard in Griefswald, on the Baltic, in June 2005. The first season we sailed via the south coast of England and wintered over at Denia in Spain. [...]
Extra: Earlier blog postings can be seen on www.yotblog.co.uk/savarna

Savarna of New Zealand

Who: Keith & Pam Goodall
Port: Auckland, New Zealand