Savarna

Savarna of New Zealand

Who: Keith & Pam Goodall
Port: Auckland, New Zealand

Return to Grenada

21 December 2013
After many months absence we arrive back in Grenada on the evening of Monday 23rd December. Savarna was relaunched last Wednesday (the 28th) and is now at Port Louis marina, St Georges, Grenada. Our friends from Sydney (John and Karen) have relaunched Senta and they are currently on the same pontoon at St Louis. They have emailed and said there are three guys working hard on cleaning and polishing (by hand).

Senta will be heading north today but we will meet them at Bequia - which is where we had Christmas in 2012. From Bequia it will be a quick sail northwards to get to Antigua to meet friends there on 4th January and then further northwards. In the meantime we hope to meet with Rob and Sarah on Serafina to catch up on there very extensive travels since we last met in Israel in 2010.

Savarna has had some good maintenance work completed in our absence , including a new bimini to replace the one we managed to destroy in May, new graphics on gthe stern, repaint of the boot topping lines, some varnish work around the galley and chart table areas, new stainless steel surround on the bench around the oven and new veneer on the floor board at the foot of the companionway. And of course a new self tacker headsail (with battens) from Doyle's in stratis cloth with the superyacht paint UV finish. THis will complement the new mainsail we put on last year with the Leisurefurl boom. So we are expecting to see a gleaming Savarna in pristine condition.

Will update blog following arrival.

Cheers for now
Keith & Pam
Comments
Vessel Name: Savarna
Vessel Make/Model: Hanse 531
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Keith & Pam Goodall
About:
We took delivery of Savarna ( a hindu word meaning "daughter of the ocean") from the Hanse yard in Griefswald, on the Baltic, in June 2005. The first season we sailed via the south coast of England and wintered over at Denia in Spain. [...]
Extra: Earlier blog postings can be seen on www.yotblog.co.uk/savarna

Savarna of New Zealand

Who: Keith & Pam Goodall
Port: Auckland, New Zealand