Savarna

Savarna of New Zealand

Who: Keith & Pam Goodall
Port: Auckland, New Zealand

Back into the Pacific

30 May 2016
Well Savarna has been back in Auckland since late October 2015 and with winter coming it is time to heads north. We have had a great summer in New Zealand and enjoyed some wonderful cruising with family (including grandkids) and friends. Also competed in several RNZYS cruising races and the annual Hanse regatta with 37 Hanse's on the start line for a mark foy start. A very quiet day but we did win our division.

This coming Thursday we head to Vanuatu and have requested permission to make landfall at the island of Aneityum the southernmost island in the Vanuatu group with Mystery Island (visited by cruise ships) just off the only village with a population of 915. From here we will sail onto Tanna where we hope to be able to get to the top of the active volcano before then heading to Undine Bay (www.undinebay.com) where our new house is nearing completion and we will be able to navigate Savarna through the coral reefs into the marina basis for the first time.

The tracking will be on at www.sailblogs.com/member/savarna and look at the side bar and click on that to get out position. The Predictwind site is looking good for a Thursday departure and we will also have Bruce Buckley the weather guru from Perth (weather man for the Australian Olympic team advising us on a daily basis.

Photo's will be posted when we make a landfall and find internet.

Cheers
Pam & Keith
Comments
Vessel Name: Savarna
Vessel Make/Model: Hanse 531
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Crew: Keith & Pam Goodall
About:
We took delivery of Savarna ( a hindu word meaning "daughter of the ocean") from the Hanse yard in Griefswald, on the Baltic, in June 2005. The first season we sailed via the south coast of England and wintered over at Denia in Spain. [...]
Extra: Earlier blog postings can be seen on www.yotblog.co.uk/savarna

Savarna of New Zealand

Who: Keith & Pam Goodall
Port: Auckland, New Zealand