SailBlogs System

The system blog

30 July 2017
30 July 2017 | My Office
29 July 2017
29 July 2017
29 July 2017
16 April 2017
05 August 2016 | 633
05 August 2016 | 633
05 August 2016 | 633
05 August 2016 | 633
05 August 2016 | 633
04 August 2016
26 July 2016
06 May 2015
06 May 2015 | minneapolis

Private Message Spam

02 February 2009
Tim
We had an issue over the past week with spammers using the private message system of SailBlogs to send bogus messages. We can usually kill these accounts in short order, but notification that you've received a message has already been sent.

We try to keep SailBlogs a very tight system as far as spam and junk account are concerned, and please be aware that we're taking this very seriously.

As we work to add some additional protections against illicit behavior with the message system, please keep the following in mind:

- don't follow any links or URLs in private messages unless you know the sender

- treat any private message as you would any other email - i.e. if its not someone you know, be skeptical

- we do not sell, rent, give away ANY email addresses or other user information, and no one that is NOT a member of SailBlogs can use the message system (i.e. no messages will ever come from someone outside of the SailBlogs community).

- If you don't know the user, look them up on SailBlogs before replying. Make sure they have a real blog / profile. If their profile is empty or otherwise unusual looking, don't reply.

- please report any suspicions messages or account to support@sailblogs.com

Thanks!

SailBlogs "Friends" & Quick News

08 December 2008
One of the most often requested features of SailBlogs has been for the ability to link to, or easily bookmark other SailBlogs members. As SailBlogs grows and continues to add members, those members are often meeting and getting to know one another in marinas, anchorages, boat yards and through other web sites. SailBlogs wants to help those friends keep in touch as boats travel on in separate directions. To this end, SailBlogs now has the ability for members to become "Friends" with each other through the system.

When you become friends with another member, some of their activity will automatically appear in your "quick news" column when you log into the SailBlogs administration. Things like recent blog posts, additions to their galleries and joining groups will appear in your Quick News which will help you keep up with their travels and new items in their blog.

This friends system is the foundation for an on-going expansion of SailBlogs. Soon you'll be able to automatically show links to your SailBlogs friends in a sidebar block, see a map with all your friend's current positions, suggest new friends to people you know and invite them to join groups.

To become friends with another member, first log into the main SailBlogs admin, then do a search for members you know by entering boat name or crew member into the new search field. From the list of results, find the boats your recognize and select "Add to Friends". Doing this sends that person an email message, and provides a notice of your friend request the next time they log in. Once the confirm your request, you'll be linked together in the system. You will then see your quick news updated with their confirmation as well as receive an email notification.

The Quick News column will also show successful remote posts (so when you're sending by remote you can also see the confirmations here), system feature additions, system maintenance notices and other items that relate to your account. Other quick news items will show activity for groups, and (if you have a current position loaded) other members who are near you.

This is an important step forward for SailBlogs, and we hope that members find this a useful and enjoyable tool for keep in touch with sailing friends as well as friends in the "real world".
Vessel Name: SailBlogs Admin
Crew: SailBlogs Administer
Social:
SailBlogs Admin's Photos - Main
Testing with loader 7
17 Photos
Created 14 April 2015
test album
2 Photos
Created 11 April 2015
2 Photos
Created 8 October 2014
5 Photos
Created 22 July 2010
8 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 14 December 2008