SCAPPATELLA

n. scah-pah-TELL'-ah 1. Italian word for "escapade"; an adventurous, unconventional act or undertaking 2. a journey with a little bit of intrigue; the secret escapade of two lovers 3. an affair, or in Rome, "a quickie in the bushes"

17 April 2010 | Green Island, Antigua to Fajardo, Puerto Rico
10 March 2010 | Bequia
08 March 2010 | Martinique
20 February 2010 | St. Vincent & The Grenadines
30 January 2010 | Bequia (St. Vincent & The Grenadines)
28 January 2010 | St. Lucia
25 January 2010 | St. Lucia
15 January 2010 | Green Island, Antigua
12 January 2010 | Green Island, Antigua
05 January 2010 | Back in Falmouth Harbor, Antigua
04 January 2010 | just south of Jolly Harbor, Antigua
01 January 2010 | Great Bird Island, Antigua
30 December 2009 | Parham, Antigua
29 December 2009 | Rabbit & Redhead Islands, Antigua
26 December 2009 | North Sound, Antigua
22 December 2009 | Antigua
19 December 2009 | St. Croix, USVI
14 December 2009 | Christensaid, St. Croix
10 December 2009 | Christiansted, St. Croix
09 December 2009 | Somewhere in the Caribbean Sea

4 Countries in 5 Days!

20 February 2010 | St. Vincent & The Grenadines
Remember how I talked about the challenges of visiting us on Scappatella? Well, cousins MaryAnn and Laura got the full experience of that! Let's see...they took a red-eye from San Francisco to New York where they connected to a 4-hour flight to St. Lucia. Then, it was a 90-minute cab ride to their hotel on the other side of the island, followed by a 6:00am puddle jumper flight to Barbados. After a quick stopover, they continued on to the teeny little island of Canouan, where we finally met them...but not their luggage. That came several phone calls and rum punches later.

After all that travel they were understandably a bit exhausted but were game to "see the sights". Problem is, they only had 4 days before they needed to do that process all over again in reverse! So the next morning we sailed off to the infamous Tobago Cays where the girls swam, snorkeled, and slept. (At this point, they were in Country #3: St. Lucia, Barbados, and now St. Vincent and the Grenadines). A day and a half here, and then an hour sail over to Union Island for the night. The next afternoon, we set off for our last stop at Petit St. Vincent - a stunning anchorage with reefs on one side and a beautiful white sand beach on the other. After a relaxing day at the beach, we all piled into the dinghy and zoomed off in the darkness over to Country #4: Petit Martinique, an island belonging to Grenada. One more day and night here meant that we had to get up at 6:00 the next morning to sail back to St. Lucia in time for the trip back to Barbados-St. Lucia-New York-San Francisco. Exhausting...but they were troopers!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scappatella
Vessel Make/Model: Lafitte 44
Hailing Port: Coloma, CA
Crew: Janet Maineri
Scappatella's Photos - Main
6 Photos
Created 7 April 2008
Our 1st 6 weeks in the boatyard...cleaning, waxing, sanding, painting, organizing, etc.
17 Photos
Created 29 March 2008

PROFILE

Who: Janet Maineri
Port: Coloma, CA

MAP BLOCK TEST