SCAPPATELLA

n. scah-pah-TELL'-ah 1. Italian word for "escapade"; an adventurous, unconventional act or undertaking 2. a journey with a little bit of intrigue; the secret escapade of two lovers 3. an affair, or in Rome, "a quickie in the bushes"

17 April 2010 | Green Island, Antigua to Fajardo, Puerto Rico
10 March 2010 | Bequia
08 March 2010 | Martinique
20 February 2010 | St. Vincent & The Grenadines
30 January 2010 | Bequia (St. Vincent & The Grenadines)
28 January 2010 | St. Lucia
25 January 2010 | St. Lucia
15 January 2010 | Green Island, Antigua
12 January 2010 | Green Island, Antigua
05 January 2010 | Back in Falmouth Harbor, Antigua
04 January 2010 | just south of Jolly Harbor, Antigua
01 January 2010 | Great Bird Island, Antigua
30 December 2009 | Parham, Antigua
29 December 2009 | Rabbit & Redhead Islands, Antigua
26 December 2009 | North Sound, Antigua
22 December 2009 | Antigua
19 December 2009 | St. Croix, USVI
14 December 2009 | Christensaid, St. Croix
10 December 2009 | Christiansted, St. Croix
09 December 2009 | Somewhere in the Caribbean Sea

He left me...

08 February 2008 | On the dock, Nanny Cay, Tortola
Pulled into Nanny Cay Marina yesterday (3rd visit...and we thought we didn't like marinas!). Had an end tie versus a slip, which means the boat was tied to the end of a T-shaped dock versus pointed into the dock next to a bunch of other boats. That's ususally a great spot reserved for much larger yachts. Anyway, up to this point, Louis has done almost all of the docking (driving the boat into and out of the dock). But this seemed like a good place for me to have a go. At the last minute, I opted out as there was now a yacht behind us, and not a lot of manuevering room. So, instead, I release the lines from the cleats (on the dock) while he prepares to swing the boat out and forward. But too late we realized our mistake - the wind had pushed the boat out away from the dock, and it was not too far away for me to reach. So, Louis has to do this very skillful maneuver backing the boat (our boat does not back very easily in a straight line...tends to kick the stern to port very easily). Anyway, he doesn't quite make it back alongside the dock, but gets close enough for me to grab the stern and hop over the rail, and we're off! He was all embarassed, but I was impressed he made the move, and I was really glad that it wasn't me driving the boat! The same thing would have happened, and then I'd have been in the tight marina needing to back the boat in, or, more likely, spin the boat around and come in bow first, and manage not to hit that other boat docked there. Phew!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scappatella
Vessel Make/Model: Lafitte 44
Hailing Port: Coloma, CA
Crew: Janet Maineri
Scappatella's Photos - Main
6 Photos
Created 7 April 2008
Our 1st 6 weeks in the boatyard...cleaning, waxing, sanding, painting, organizing, etc.
17 Photos
Created 29 March 2008

PROFILE

Who: Janet Maineri
Port: Coloma, CA

MAP BLOCK TEST