Endless summer on SCII

Kekova to Cineviz Limani 11 - 13 June

13 June 2018
Karaoz Limani 11 June
After spending 3 days at Gokkaya Limani we once again motored for some distance still heading East. The wind did eventually come up – although almost directly from where we wanted go, so got a little sailing in. This bay was a little exposed with a swell rolling in but was not too bad. It’s a popular camping spot with the small headland and little inlet full of small tents, there were many camp fires going that evening. One would need some sort of mattress on this rocky ground! We had a couple of the local boys swim out to the back of boat, it wasn’t that far but they “needed a rest” before swimming back. They were a friendly and cheerful group who were intrigued in where we had come from. It’s a shame we don’t speak Turkish as communication can be a little hard in these circumstances.

Cavas Limani 12 June

Cavas Limani is a large bay with a long dark sandy beach. We ventured ashore in the dingy to restock with provisions. The mini-market was very quaint, with a jumble of food, clothing, fishing gear and beach wear. We managed to get most of what we wanted. Interestingly we wanted to buy eggs, which were in boxes of 30. The store owner could see our puzzled look, as we only wanted a dozen. With sign language, she understood what we wanted and proceeded to pack the eggs into a plastic bag – no egg cartons here! The plastic bag of eggs was very carefully packed into our shopping bag, as they had to survive a dingy trip back to the boat.

This town caters for Turkish holiday makers, with small hotels and a caravan park along the beach front. While the caravan park was just across the road from the beach, it did not look very inviting. There was no power or shade for caravans, the site looked more like a dusty car park, all of which would have made it very hot during the middle of the day. People would be spending their day on the beach (on the very hot sand) or in one of the many cafes set back from the beach.

We stopped for lunch at one café that had a sign indicating they served Gozleme. We ordered two (one cheese and one beef) and they were delicious. Only 12 Turkish Lira ($4 Australian), a bargain given that they would be about $10 at home. Lunch for two, including a beer only cost $13.
We were going to dinghy shore for the evening but as it was quite windy, decided to eat onboard. Tonight we caught our first Squid! Must try for a few more – Calamari for entrée coming up…

Cineviz Limani (Port Genovese) 13 June
Today was a short motor, as again there is no wind to Cineviz Limani. This is a stunning bay surrounded by very steep mountains, the cliffs drop sheer into the sea. A couple from another yacht we met a few days ago, suggested we come here and the scenery has not disappointing. While we have taken photos of the bay, the camera does not seem to do justice to the magnificent scenery. There are a few gulets with day trippers but they do not stay long. Apart from a couple of shacks ashore, it is highly possible that we will have this bay to ourselves tonight.
The weather today is a beautiful 31 degrees and the water temperature is 26.8 degrees – yes this is very precisely measured with the meat thermometer. One could easily stay here a while!
Comments
Vessel Name: Southern Comfort II
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 47, 2009
Hailing Port: Melbourne, Australia
Crew: Glenn and Nerida Matthews
About: Having almost completed the charter yacht catalogue over the last 25 years, we are fulfilling our long term dream of living the endless summer. In April 2017 we purchased our yacht and plan to spend several months every year in the Med.
Southern Comfort II's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 12 April 2024
21 Photos
Created 13 August 2023
7 Photos
Created 5 August 2023
8 Photos
Created 25 July 2023
4 Photos
Created 18 July 2023
7 Photos
Created 9 July 2023
10 Photos
Created 28 June 2023
17 Photos
Created 24 June 2023
9 Photos
Created 16 June 2023
8 Photos | 1 Sub-Album
Created 27 April 2023
30 Photos
Created 25 July 2022
94 Photos
Created 10 May 2022
7 Photos
Created 29 April 2022
3 Photos
Created 29 September 2019
30 Photos
Created 6 August 2019
58 Photos
Created 9 June 2019
22 Photos
Created 3 September 2018
60 Photos
Created 10 July 2018
Coast of Turkey
48 Photos
Created 1 June 2018
Our pride and joy!
16 Photos
Created 1 January 2018