Sea Dream

Freedom to see more, sail more and learn more.

05 August 2011 | Panzance
28 July 2011 | Falmouth
24 July 2011 | Fowey
23 July 2011 | Feowey
20 July 2011 | Salcombe
19 July 2011 | Dartmouth
17 July 2011 | Dartmouth
30 April 2011 | Gosport
25 March 2011 | Gosport
23 August 2010 | Back home in Gosport
23 August 2010 | St Peter Port
23 August 2010 | St-Cast-Le-Guildo
23 August 2010 | Binic
11 August 2010 | Pontrieux
06 August 2010 | St Peter Port
31 July 2010 | Dartmouth - Kingswear
26 July 2010 | Teignmouth
23 July 2010 | Brixham
09 July 2010 | Cowes and back

Agatha Christie - Greenway House

19 July 2011 | Dartmouth
Showers & Rain
Due to bad weather we are still safely secured up in Dart Haven Marina.

Saturday 16 July 2011
A wet and windy day, in the morning we did some admin. Just before lunch a racing yacht tied up along side of us. The crew look wet and shattered as they had raced from Cowes to Dartmouth in a Royal Ocean Racing Club (RORC) race.

In the afternoon we took the ferry across to Dartmouth and had a good look round and did some provisioning. When we got back to the marina there were several other competitors in the RORC race had arrived.

Just before our evening meal the racing yacht at the side of us departed, heading back towards the Solent. The weather forecast did not look good with strong Westerly winds blowing force 7 to 8 all night and waves 2 metres. We wished them the best of luck.

Sunday 17 July 2011

Sunday was windy with lots of rain showers.

Claire come up with a day trip on a ferry to Greenway House which is opposite Dittisham further up the river.

Greenway House was the holiday home of the writer Agatha Christie and is nowadays ran by the National Trust. The Christie family were avid collectors of books, wooden boxes, porcelain china to name but a few. It also has extensive grounds and walled gardens. The house was given over to the NT by Christie's daughter and grandson but to keep exactly as it was. The NT have spent alot of money refurbishing it and putting everything back as it was. We had a good look round and lunch before returning by ferry to Dartmouth.

In the evening we had homemade pizza onboard Sea Dream and watched the last in the current series of 'The Apprentice'. The right person won!
Comments
Vessel Name: Sea Dream
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 32
Hailing Port: Gosport, England
Crew: Crew: Bob & Claire
About: Bob - Ye old Sea Dog. Claire - Keeps old sea dog on short lead!
Extra: We do not sail if:- Strong winds are forecast - Rain is forecast - Fog is forecast - Rough weather is forecast - Or it is night... However, we have done them all!!

Sea Dream

Who: Crew: Bob & Claire
Port: Gosport, England